Spanish Immersion Program
Take a look at what is going on nationally with the immersion and partial immersion programs. "What Parents Want to Know about Foreign Language Immersion Programs” provides a starting point that may help you begin to understand what will be going on at Liberty.
- Students will receive instruction from core content as prescribed by the Kentucky Department of Education and Liberty Elementary.
- Teachers will provide 1/2-day instruction in English and 1/2-day instruction in Spanish.
- Students will attend all special classes such as music, library, etc.
- English instruction will focus on language arts and social studies.
- Spanish instruction will focus on math and science, with support from the English teacher as needed to introduce and reinforce concepts while students are acquiring vocabulary in the target language.
- Teachers will collaborate on all areas of the curriculum and assessment of student progress.