Spanish Immersion Program
This brief overview may be helpful as you are preparing for an exciting language experience for you and your child. Take a look at what is going on nationally with the immersion and partial immersion programs. If you read, “What Parents want to know about Foreign Language Immersion Programs”, you’ll find a starting point that may help you begin to understand what will be going on at Liberty.
- Students will receive instruction from core content as prescribed by the Kentucky Department of Education and Liberty Elementary.
- Teachers will provide 1/2-day instruction in English and 1/2-day instruction in Spanish.
- Students will attend all special classes at Liberty…music, library, etc…
- English instruction will focus on language arts and social studies.
- Spanish instruction will focus on math and science with support from the English teacher as needed to introduce/reinforce concepts while students are acquiring vocabulary in the target language.
- Teachers will collaborate on all areas of the curriculum and assessment of student progress.