Wellington offers a variety of opportunities for families to participate in their child's learning. Anyone interested in helping must first register as a volunteer with FCPS and clear a criminal background check. You can also explore districtwide opportunities through Give 10.
After-school Compass Zone
After-school registration packet (2019-20)
Car line safety
In order to provide a safe environment during arrival, please be reminded of the following protocol for car line arrival:
- Give kisses and goodbyes before exiting the car. Several of our littlest explorers are going back to the car or trying to go around to the driver side after exiting. Please remind students to unbuckle, step onto the curb, and walk toward the building.
- Have backpacks and lunchboxes in hand when the car comes to a stop. In order for everyone to have a safe and prompt arrival to school, please ask your child to gather their things as you are moving forward in the line. Once they are on the curb, the teachers can assist with putting the backpack on, etc.
- Please do not park and walk across the back parking lot or let students out of the car at the front of the building.
- Please do not pull in front of the car in front of you unless directed by a staff member. Safety is critical!
- If students can open their doors, please ask them to do so in order to expedite the line.
- Teachers are not able to strap students into their seats in the afternoon. You are welcome to pull into a parking space or around the side to assist your child.
- The school day begins at 7:45 a.m. Students will be counted tardy after 7:45 a.m. Staff will monitor the car line traffic flow and assist students to class on days when inclement weather may affect the timing of drop off.