Attendance at school is essential for good performance and high achievement. A written excuse, dated and signed by the parent is required for all absences. Excused absences include illness, death of an immediate family member, religious holidays for which prior approval is given, medical and dental appointments, and special cases approved by the principal. Children are tardy if they arrive after 7:40 AM. and must obtain a tardy slip from the office.
Required Documents for Registration
All students must have a copy of their state birth certificate on file with their permanent records. All students must have a social security number on file with the school. If you have not already registered for a number, please do so. We must have a valid Kentucky Immunization Certificate which meets these additional recent requirements:
- Two MMR’s after the first birthday, if the student is age four or over.
- Three Hepatitis B immunizations
- One HIB immunization if student is under age five
- One Chickenpox vaccine, after the first birthday, or a written statement by parent or physician that child has had the disease.
- A physical examination done within one year prior to or 30 days after entering school. Eye examination done by ophthalmologist or optometrist by January 1 of the year of enrollment.
- Online Registration Link https://www.fcps.net/kinder
We must have a written note if there is a change in your child’s transportation. No change in transportation will be permitted unless we have a written note from the parent. A telephone call will NOT be accepted. During the school day, you must come into the office to sign your child out. Children are only released from class when called from the office.
All VISITORS MUST REGISTER in the office. NO EXCEPTIONS. Visitors must sign in every time they enter the building
Car Line Safety
In order to provide a safe environment during arrival, please be reminded of the following protocol for car line arrival:
- Give kisses and goodbyes before exiting the car. Several of our littlest explorers are going back to the car or trying to go around to the driver side after exiting. Please remind students to unbuckle, step onto the curb, and walk toward the building.
- Have backpacks and lunchboxes in hand when the car comes to a stop. In order for everyone to have a safe and prompt arrival to school, please ask your child to gather their things as you are moving forward in the line. Once they are on the curb, the teachers can assist with putting the backpack on, etc.
- Please do not park and walk across the back parking lot or let students out of the car at the front of the building.
- Please do not pull in front of the car in front of you unless directed by a staff member. Safety is critical!
- If students can open their doors, please ask them to do so in order to expedite the line.
- Teachers are not able to strap students into their seats in the afternoon. You are welcome to pull into a parking space or around the side to assist your child.
- The school day begins at 7:45 a.m. Students will be counted tardy after 7:45 a.m. Staff will monitor the car line traffic flow and assist students to class on days when inclement weather may affect the timing of drop off.