Northern Elementary Library Media Center
Northern's Library Media Center aims to ensure equal access to a variety of information for all students while promoting and strengthening students’ interests and competence in reading and using information. We work on library skills, complete author studies, learn about internet safety, and incorporate technology into the lessons.
We have at least two Book Fairs every year for students and families to shop. All proceeds go back to the library to buy more books and supplies.
We love volunteers to come and help in the library. Please submit the volunteer application and after approval, we will be happy to put you to work!
- All students come to the library every four school days with their class, however, students are encouraged to come more often! Anytime the library is open, students can visit!
- Kindergarten through 2nd grade students may check out one book at a time.
- Students in 3rd through 5th grade may check out two books at a time.
- Students are expected to take care of all library materials at school and at home.
- Enter and exit on a voice level 0
- Look for books on a voice level 1
- Take care of all library materials
- If you make a mess, you clean it up
- Keep hands and feet to yourself
- "4 on the floor"