Family Resource Center
What is the family resource center?
Developed as part of the Kentucky Education Reform Act of 1992, Family Resource and Youth Service Centers were created to help remove non-academic barriers so that students can succeed in school The Liberty Elementary Family Resource Center is here to assist families with basic needs, parenting programs, motivational student programming and student and staff support!
- Student motivational programs.
- Referrals to community agencies for basic needs assistance (food baskets, household supplies, etc.).
- Referrals to pre-school/after-school childcare and summer camp programs.
- Family school success workshops and child development training programs.
- Referrals to physical/mental health agencies and social services.
- Assistance with transportation needs to medical appointments, teacher conferences and school events.
- Resource library for parents, students and teachers.
- Referrals for job training, G.E.D. and Adult Basic Education classes.
- Small group activities and special events scheduled throughout the year. Please check your child's backpack for flyers and FRC newsletters for details.
Who can use the family resource center?
The FRC is available to help all students enrolled at Liberty Elementary, their families, school staff and our community.
Where is the center located?
The FRC is located in room 102 of Liberty Elementary School. The FRC coordinator is Linda Reesor and the center is open during school hours and additional hours by appointment.
How can I contact the family resource center?
Please call 859-381-4896 for assistance or to schedule an appointment. You may also contact the FRC by email at: Linda.Reesor@fayette.kyschools.us
What do I do if I need assistance?
Give us a call. Please call 859-381-4896 for assistance or to schedule an appointment.