Required Documents for Student Registration
All students must have a copy of their state birth certificate on file with their permanent records. All students must have a social security number on file with the school. If you have not already registered for a number, please do so. We must have a valid Kentucky Immunization Certificate which meets these additional recent requirements:
- Two MMR’s after the first birthday, if the student is age four or over.
- Three Hepatitis B immunizations
- One HIB immunization if student is under age five
- One Chickenpox vaccine, after the first birthday, or a written statement by parent or physician that child has had the disease.
- A physical examination done within one year prior to or 30 days after entering school. Eye examination done by ophthalmologist or optometrist by January 1 of the year of enrollment.
All VISITORS MUST REGISTER in the office. Visitors must sign in every time they enter the building. Please make an appointment if you need to meet with your child's teacher.
Attendance at school is essential for good performance and high achievement. A written excuse, dated and signed by the parent is required for all absences. Excused absences include illness, death of an immediate family member, religious holidays for which prior approval is given, medical and dental appointments, and special cases approved by the principal. Children are tardy if they arrive after 8:25 AM. and must obtain a tardy slip from the office.
Picking Up Your Child
We want all of our students to get home safely each day. To have an orderly and safe dismissal, we must know about all changes to transportation before 3:00 each day. No change in transportation will be permitted unless we have a written note from the parent. During the school day, you must come into the office to sign your child out. Children can only be released to family members (ID required) listed on the Emergency Dismissal Card. Children are only released from class when called from the office. Parents should not park on Bruce Street during dismissal.