The Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) system recognizes that parent/family involvement is essential as we partner to educate our District’s students and to prepare them for life-long learning. Schools, families, and community must all be actively involved in developing strong programs and policies that support the academic success of every student in the FCPS system. Click here to access the district's Parent Involvement Policy.
All those interested in becoming a volunteer must annually register through Fayette County Public schools online registration. Click here.
Required Documents for Registration
All students must have a copy of their state birth certificate on file with their permanent records. All students must have a social security number on file with the school. If you have not already registered for a number, please do so asap. We must have a valid Kentucky Immunization Certificate which meets these additional recent requirements:
- Two MMR’s after the first birthday, if the student is age four or over.
- Three Hepatitis B immunizations.
- One HIB immunization if student is under age five.
- One Chickenpox vaccine, after the first birthday, or a written statement by parent or physician that child has had the disease.
- A physical examination done within one year prior to or 30 days after entering school. Eye examination done by ophthalmologist or optometrist by January 1 of the year of enrollment.
- Tdap Booster is required between ages 11-12 years.
- One dose Meningococcal vaccine for 6th-12th entry, age 11-12 year or older.
- A Physical Examination is required upon entry to 6th grade.
New Immunization Requirements for all Kentucky students:
(Effective July1, 2018)
- The following immunizations are required in addition to the current immunization requirements listed above.
- Two doses Hepatitis A (all students)
- Meningococcal Booster (16 years or older)
Student Information Sheet
Every student must have a completed information sheet on file. These are sent home at the beginning of each school year in the 1st Day Parent Packet. The information sheet must be completed and returned immediately, as it is very important that we are able to contact you if your child is injured or ill. Please notify the office if phone numbers or addresses change throughout the year. In addition, if your address changes over the summer or doing the school year, you must submit two verifications of residence (lease, deed, or utility bill) to update your address.
Please do not double park in the lot. You may not use the bus lane in front of the school to pick up or drop your child. Do not park in the bus lane to come into the building. You must park in a designated space in the parking lot. You may not use the bus lane in the afternoon. Please use car loop when dropping off the morning and/or picking up at the end of the school day.
All VISITORS MUST REGISTER in the office. NO EXCEPTIONS. Visitors must show proper photo ID and sign in every time they enter the building.
Attendance at school is essential for good performance and high achievement. A written excuse, dated and signed by the parent, is required for all absences. Excused absences include illness, death of an immediate family member, religious holidays for which prior approval is given, medical and dental appointments, and special cases approved by the principal. Children are tardy if they arrive after 9:05 AM and/or leave prior to 3:55 PM. Students must obtain a tardy slip from the attendance clerk in the front office, when checking in tardy.
Picking Up Your Child
If you are picking up your child at dismissal time, please use the designated car loop. We must have a written note if there is a change in your child’s transportation. No change in transportation will be permitted unless we have a written note from the parent/guardian. A telephone call will NOT be accepted. During the school day you must come into the office to sign your child out early. Children are only released from class when called from the office.