The Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) system recognizes that parent/family involvement is essential as we partner to educate our District’s students and to prepare them for life-long learning. Schools, families, and community must all be actively involved in developing strong programs and policies that support the academic success of every student in the FCPS system. Click here to access the district's Parent Involvement Policy.
Picking Up Your Child
Dismissal is a very important time of the day! We do everything to ensure students get home from school safely! Please remember the front office is extremely busy during this time organizing dismissal procedures. We ask that NO TRANSPORTATION CHANGES BE MADE AFTER 2:00pm.
Required Documents for Student Registration
Please bring the following to registration:
- Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity (see below*)
- Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name, and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt
- Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam **
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate **
- Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable
All VISITORS MUST REGISTER in the office. Visitors must sign in every time they enter the building!
Attendance at school is essential for good performance and high achievement. A written excuse, dated and signed by the parent is required for all absences. Excused absences include illness, death of an immediate family member, religious holidays for which prior approval is given, medical and dental appointments, and special cases approved by the principal. Children are tardy if they arrive after 8:25 AM. and must obtain a tardy slip from the office.