Dear ColtersCongratulations to the following girls basketball players:1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24Coach WilsonHere are Coach Wilsons' old school workouts for advanced girls.Warmups.
4 days a week or more if possible.
- 1mile jog with basketball every day.
- Jump rope 10 min
- Ball sprints 10-15
- Push-ups 25
- Sit-ups 25
- Wall sits 1min3 times
- Side to side slides without crossing your feet 60 sec x 3
- Stationary cross over ,right-hand left-hand dribbling, between the legs. figure 8 dribble.
- Lay ups : right and left hand make (50 each slow and fast. Keep eyes off the ball.
- Dribble around obsticals lay ups.
- Cone or chair dribbling 10-15 min
- Two ball dribbles, alternating two ball dribbling, zig-zag -two ball dribble
- Jump shooting close range then long range. Remember dart plate arm. Shooting arm shaped into a 90-degree angle tucked to your side wrist flat sticking your hand in the rim.
- Bank shooting(make 25 each)
- 3 to 5 dribbles jump shooting (make 20 )
- One hand close range form shooting.
- light jog or bike ride.
Teaching Layups in 5 Minutes
Develop Good Shooting Form
Improve your Dribbling
Improve your jumpshot from home.
Improve your Layups
Practice your Crossover