Summer Basketball Information
I hope this letter finds you well during this time of constant uncertainty.
On June 25, 2020, Coaches across the District received guidelines that our coaches and student athletes are required follow in order begin summer workouts and/or conditioning next week. It is important that we, coaches, students, and parents work together to comply with the guidelines.
The first day of summer workouts is July 6, 2020 and the guidelines are as follows:
- Incoming freshmen must have physicals before participating.
- Student-athletes must sign up for a timeslot that will remain the same every day of workouts until further notice. For example, if you sign up for 10:00am on July 6, 2020, 10:00am will remain your daily timeslot indefinitely. The daily timeslot options are 10:00 am, 11:0 0am, or Noon. You are not permitted to change your time from day to day, nor join another team’s timeslot at convenience.
NO EXCEPTIONS. You can select your slot by adding your name to this Google spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eqe_9IqR0Rt9dpxGgBuv8-9Pr-lJFeEE2A8Urs1Lwhg/edit#gid=0;
- Athletes must submit to having their temperature taken and report any of the following symptoms upon arrival each day: new or worsening cough; fever/chills; shortness of breath/difficulty breathing; sore throat; muscle pain; new loss of taste or smell; diarrhea; and/or nausea/vomiting).
If an athlete exhibits any of the listed symptoms, he will be sent home immediately.
- Each athlete needs to bring a bottle or canteen of water in order to enter. This is non-negotiable. Water fountains are not accessible and there is no option for refilling water. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that each athlete bring a gallon of water each day so that he will not run out.
- No carpooling is permitted.
- Locker rooms will not be accessible and therefore, any personal items should be left at home or in the car. Athletes will be permitted to use the restrooms; however, they must go two (2) at a time.
- Sanitation stations will be located inside and outside and athletes will encouraged to utilize the sanitization stations during timeouts or brief breaks.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Coach Gay, Coach Ty or Coach Bordas. We look forward to working with your student-athletes!
This year, the Commodores have set a goal to win at least 20 games, and make it to the regional tournament for the first time since 2011.
Coach Gay and his staff and players are committed to the continued growth of the Commodore’s program and loves calling Tates Creek his home. #AnchorDown #TakeTheStairs