The mission of The Promise Academy at Harrison Elementary School is to ensure that all students achieve at high levels in a positive and safe environment within a collaborative community.
Theory of Action
If we ensure students are clearly informed of learning expectations and standards of performance, are authentically engaged in the learning process, are provided feedback that moves learning forward, and we collaborate with families to provide wrap-around supports, then every student will exceed a year of growth in reading and mathematics and achievement gaps will close as measured by school, district, and state assessments.
- All students achieve at their highest level.
- Students, families, staff and community members partner to achieve student learning goals.
- All stakeholders take responsibility for a positive school environment.
- We have a culture of high expectations.
- We have a community respectful of all members.
- We have a professional learning community.
- We address the needs of the whole child.
- We secure and utilize state of the art technology to enhance instruction.
- We develop each student's gifts and talents.
- We have a comprehensive arts and humanities program to enhance student achievement across all content areas.