About Our School
"To educate, motivate, and activate the potential for excellence that lies within every male."
Carter G. Woodson Academy provides an advanced and rigorous curriculum that meets the new common core standards through the lens of African-American history, culture, and culturally responsive teaching and learning strategies. This traditional college preparatory program, which launched in the fall of 2012, serves at-promise males in grades 6-12 who have unlimited potential. All participants will graduate college- and career-ready.
What makes our school special
- Committed staff with a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure students' success
- "The Power of Stories" featuring community speakers
- Individual mentoring
- After-school and evening tutoring
- Optional Saturday programming
- College, cultural, and abroad field trips
The application window for the 2020-21 academic year is coming up this fall. No late or incomplete applications will be considered. Please download, complete, and submit the application before the deadline.
- FAQ and directions
- 2020-21 application (pending)
R·O·Y·A·L·S Raising Our Young Men to Achieve & Leading them to Succeed