About Our School
"To educate, motivate, and activate the potential for excellence that lies within every male."
Carter G. Woodson Academy provides an advanced and rigorous curriculum that meets the new common core standards through the lens of African-American history, culture, and culturally responsive teaching and learning strategies. This traditional college preparatory program, which launched in the fall of 2012, serves at-promise males in grades 6-12 who have unlimited potential. All participants will graduate college- and career-ready.
What makes our school special
- Committed staff with a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure students' success
- "The Power of Stories" featuring community speakers
- Individual mentoring
- After-school and evening tutoring
- Optional Saturday programming
- College, cultural, and abroad field trips
CGWA 2019-20 Student Application The application window for the 2019-2020 academic year is from September 10, 2018- November 12, 2018. No late or incomplete applications will be considered for admission. Please download and complete application and submit prior to the deadline.
R·O·Y·A·L·S Raising Our Young Men to Achieve & Leading them to Succeed