Specialized Academic Programs
Certain academic programs, some of which are not considered to be districtwide, offer specialized education within a school or are freestanding sites. Except for the three technical centers, these opportunities are open only to Fayette County residents. See the webpages below for details, and call the program coordinator with specific questions.
- Academy of Information Technology at Bryan Station High School; Lorie Daugherty, 381-3308
- Carter G. Woodson Academy; Jaynae Boateng, 381-3933
- Eastside Technical Center; Brian Miller, 381-3740
- Locust Trace AgriScience Center; Anne DeMott, 381-3990
- Martin Luther King Jr. Academy; David Moore, 381-4040
- Opportunity Middle College; Mark Sellers, 381-3794
- Pre-Engineering Program at Lafayette High School; Diane Remley and Laura Gravitt, 381-3474
- Pre-Engineering Program at Leestown Middle School; Ali Wright, 381-3181
- Spanish Immersion Program; Laura Roché Youngworth, 381-4749
- Southside Technical Center; Daryn Morris, 381-3603
- StationARTS at Bryan Station High School; Kelly Mayes and Lynn Schentrup, 381-3308
- Success Academy; Janice Wyatt-Ross, 381-3795
- The Learning Center; Chris Salyers, 381-0597
- The Stables; Rachel Baker, 381-4778
- Air Force JROTC at Bryan Station High; Greg Coker, 381-3308
- Army JROTC at Henry Clay High School; Brian Hunt, 381-3423
Look for the program that interests you!
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/specialized
For general questions:
special programs manager
Online application | The window typically is Aug. 15 to Oct. 7 for the following school year. It's not a first-come, first-served system. Applications may be submitted anytime during the window, and all receive equal consideration. Note: Some programs might have specific applications or different deadlines; please check their webpage for the latest.
Note: FCPS reserves the right to make changes to application and entrance requirements for all programs offered throughout the district.