Overview of NTI 2DL:
Superintendent Manny Caulk often states, "Victory is in the classroom." This is still a sentiment that we at ACE know to be true. While the way we serve your families may differ from our usual in-person classrooms, we are still here to meet the needs of your family. Here's what your family can expect from NTI 2DL: Differentiated Distance Learning:
- Schools will use a common platform (Learning Management System) to deliver instruction: either Google Classroom or Canvas.
- Schools will create a master “NTI-2DL” schedule that will be implemented consistently (daily, weekly, etc.).
- Schools will implement clear communication protocols from school to home.
- Teachers will focus on new learning and growth for every student.
- Teachers will diagnose unfinished learning to identify gaps and determine individual needs for acceleration.
- Students will have access to grade-appropriate learning from digital curriculum programs and district adopted curricula.
- Teachers will provide strong instruction by implementing a distance learning framework that includes synchronous direct instruction and asynchronous guided learning to differentiate learning and facilitate deep engagement.
- Teachers will administer ongoing formative assessments with timely feedback.
- Teachers will have high academic expectations for all students.
- Student learning will be assessed on an ongoing basis.
- Families will receive regular documentation and reports on student participation, student mastery, and grades.
Students who use Windows or Apple devices at home (instead of Chromebooks) have a separate login step to access Google or Clever eCurricuum apps. They might not realize that credentials to sign into Google are the same as those they use to sign into a Chromebook, where Google sign-in occurs automatically.
Steps to sign into Clever using Google: to access Clever integrated apps such as Amplify, Imagine Language, and Imagine Math products, and Renaissance Learning
Steps to sign in to Google: to access products on the Google Apps list, such as Wonders, Collections, enVision and Investigations