Virtual Learning 2021-2022
Dear FCPS Families:
It has been a pleasure to welcome so many of our students back on campus this spring! As we look ahead to the start of school in August, we anticipate a full return to in-person learning for the 2021-22 school year. However, we recognize that some families may still prefer virtual learning for their children. For planning purposes, we are asking any family seeking a full-time virtual learning option – including the district’s Virtual Learning Academy – for the 2021-22 school year to apply here.
When you click on the link, you will be prompted to log in or sign up for a user account. Once you complete that step, choose the box that says “Begin Application,” to get started.
The application window will close at midnight on Monday, May 10, 2021.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your current school or the Special Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview of Non-Traditional Instruction Differentiated Distance Learning:
Our late Superintendent, Manny Caulk often stated, "Victory is in the classroom." This is still a sentiment that we at ACE know to be true. While the way we serve your families may differ from our usual in-person classrooms, we are still here to meet the needs of your family. Here's what your family can expect from NTI 2DL: Differentiated Distance Learning:
- Schools will use a common platform (Learning Management System) to deliver instruction: either Google Classroom or Canvas.
- Schools will create a master “NTI-2DL” schedule that will be implemented consistently (daily, weekly, etc.).
- Schools will implement clear communication protocols from school to home.
- Teachers will focus on new learning and growth for every student.
- Teachers will diagnose unfinished learning to identify gaps and determine individual needs for acceleration.
- Students will have access to grade-appropriate learning from digital curriculum programs and district adopted curricula.
- Teachers will provide strong instruction by implementing a distance learning framework that includes synchronous direct instruction and asynchronous guided learning to differentiate learning and facilitate deep engagement.
- Teachers will administer ongoing formative assessments with timely feedback.
- Teachers will have high academic expectations for all students.
- Student learning will be assessed on an ongoing basis.
- Families will receive regular documentation and reports on student participation, student mastery, and grades.
The district offers technical assistance with FCPS email accounts and Chromebooks. The Student Tech Support line, (859) 381-4410, is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Translators are available.
This pdf. file hosts many links that lead to tutorials for performing certain tasks. Tutorials are listed for various platforms, from Google Docs to Google Classroom. Simply select the tutorial you are looking for and view the corresponding page.
Accessing eCurriculum from Home Computers
Students who use Windows or Apple devices at home (instead of Chromebooks) have a separate login step to access Google or Clever eCurricuum apps. They might not realize that credentials to sign into Google are the same as those they use to sign into a Chromebook, where Google sign-in occurs automatically.
Steps to sign into Clever using Google: to access Clever integrated apps such as Amplify, Imagine Language, and Imagine Math products, and Renaissance Learning
Steps to sign in to Google: to access products on the Google Apps list, such as Wonders, Collections, enVision and Investigations
NTI Schedule Narrative
The attached file provides a brief description of each schedule block.
Attached is the schedule K will be using for NTI-2DL.
First Grade Schedule
Attached is the schedule grade 1 will be using for NTI-2DL.
Second Grade Schedule
Attached is the schedule grade 2 will be using for NTI-2DL.
Third Grade Schedule
Attached is the schedule grade 3 will be using for NTI-2DL.
Fourth Grade Schedule
Attached is the schedule grade 4 will be using for NTI-2DL.
Fifth Grade Schedule
The schedule that grade 5 will be following for NTI-2DL.