Non-Traditional Instruction / Differentiated Distance Learning
Here is how NTI/2DL will be stuctured, what students and families will experience, as well as the accountability of the program.
- Schools will use a common platform (Learning Management System) to deliver instruction: either Google Classroom or Canvas.
- Schools will create a master “NTI-2DL” schedule that will be implemented consistently (daily, weekly, etc.).
- Schools will implement clear communication protocols from school to home.
- Teachers will focus on new learning and growth for every student.
- Teachers will diagnose unfinished learning to identify gaps and determine individual needs for acceleration.
- Students will have access to grade-appropriate learning from digital curriculum programs and district adopted curricula.
- Teachers will provide strong instruction by implementing a distance learning framework that includes synchronous direct instruction and asynchronous guided learning to differentiate learning and facilitate deep engagement.
- Teachers will administer ongoing formative assessments with timely feedback.
- Teachers will have high academic expectations for all students.
- Student learning will be assessed on an ongoing basis.
- Families will receive regular documentation and reports on student participation, student mastery, and grades.
Student Tech Support - for help with Chromebook or FCPS student account, (859) 381-4410
Tech Support is open during the following hours if you need assistance with a student account at the number listed above.
Translators are available.
Tutorials -- for various platforms, from Google Docs to Google Classroom
Accessing e-curriculum from home computers
Students who use Windows or Apple devices at home (instead of Chromebooks) have a separate login step to access Google or Clever eCurricuum apps. They might not realize that credentials to sign into Google are the same as those they use to sign into a Chromebook, where Google sign-in occurs automatically.
Steps to sign in to Google - to access products on the Google Apps list, such as Wonders, Collections, enVision and Investigations.
NTI = Non-Traditional Instruction
Home Expectations - We are HAWKS!