Overview of Fayette County Public Schools in Lexington, Kentucky
In Fayette County Public Schools, we serve more than 42,000 students from the Lexington metro area, and every decision we make - from the board room to the classroom - is based on doing what's best for all our students. Our dedicated employees share a common goal of providing a world-class education for each and every child, and it shows. Time and again, our students and staff members earn state and national accolades in academic, athletic, and professional arenas. We also have amazing support from our families, business community, and civic leaders who are all intent on creating a positive environment for students to learn and succeed.
At the district's main offices, we also handle administrative areas such as Human Resources, Financial Services, Operations & Support, and Transportation. In addition, we work to keep people informed about the happenings in our district, to foster strong relationships with families and organizations, and to build partnerships with community groups.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/basics
Fayette County Public Schools is headquartered at 701 E. Main St. in Lexington, Kentucky. Our mailing address is 1126 Russell Cave Road, Lexington KY 40505. The main campus includes the Potts administration building, where Norsworthy Auditorium is located and the school board meets, an adjacent annex, and the Ambrose building on Walton Avenue, which houses Human Resources. We also have support offices on Russell Cave Road and Springhill Drive, as well as bus garages on Liberty Road and Miles Point Way.
Spring 2019: School board votes to move central office
Did you know?
The Guy S. Potts Building at 701 E. Main St., which houses several district offices, opened in 1928 as Henry Clay High School. This facility was the largest city high school in Lexington at the time. In 1970, Henry Clay moved to Fontaine Road, and the Main Street facility was renovated for district offices and renamed for Potts, who served as superintendent from 1961 to 1984.