Youth Service Center
Family support programs thrive in a community where resources, leadership, and caring come together in response to real problems and real opportunities. Recognizing the importance of the total family in educational success, we offer a Family Resources Center to enhance students' abilities to succeed in school by assisting youngsters and their families with access to community programs.
At middle and high schools:
- Health service and referrals to community health and social agencies;
- Employment counseling, training, and placement for youth;
- Summer and part-time job development for youths;
- Substance abuse services or referrals;
- Family crisis and mental health services or referrals.
Summer Youth Employment
Students who will be 14 years old prior to May 25, 2020, and are interested in working in the Fayette County Youth Employment Program next summer should contact Myra Parks in the Youth Service Center for required documentation and information. Application deadline is 2/1/2020.
Community Action Council is now taking appointments for their LIHEAP program. LIHEAP provides financial assistance for electric bills. Please contact 859-554-4350 for more information.