Family Resource Center at BTW
Hours of Operation
School hours 7:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M.
Non-school days by appointment
Family Resource Youth Services Center Mission:
To enhance students’ ability to succeed in school by developing and sustaining partnerships that promote early learning and successful transition to school; academic achievement and well-being and graduation and transition into adult life.
Examples of services:
- Make referrals to agencies for families in emergency assistance (food, rent, utility and clothing).
- Collaborate with community partners, teachers and parents to increase student attendance, improve academic, counseling, etc.
- Provide parents with afterschool childcare and tutoring assistance through resources in the community
- Work with student groups on social competencies (peer challenges, bullying, peer mediation, etc.)
- Make home visits with support staff
- Refer or facilitate parent workshops
- Collaborate with title 1 and teaching staff to provide events for families and students such as Literacy, Science night
- Assist and/or provide mentoring programs