Contractor Approval Process
Note: As of July 2019, adults with whom FCPS contracts who do not provide services for or work with students no longer have to go through the background checks. This mainly refers to contractors with the district departments such as plumbers, copier repair crews, Pepsi delivery workers, etc. All other adults who work with or provide services to students still need to follow the previous process and register as a contractor (see steps below). If the person is a guest speaker or other volunteer whom FCPS staff has asked to come into the building, they should use the volunteer application.
In accordance with state regulation KRS 160.380, in order to perform work at a school when students are present, any outside contractor and its employees and parents on SBDM councils must submit these three background checks for approval:
- Kentucky State Police;
- FBI; and
- Cabinet for Health and Family Services child abuse and neglect (CAN) central registry report.
Please follow these steps to apply to be an approved contractor with Fayette County Public Schools:
1. Register as a contractor. Outside contractors should select “Login as Guest.”
2. Submit background checks (state and federal) and CAN letter from CHFS that are less than 6 months old.
- Where: FCPS Human Resources Office, 128 Walton Ave., Lexington KY 40502
- When: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; no appointment necessary
If you do not have current documentation:
Bring the following to FCPS Human Resources to have your background checks completed:
- Check or money order to FCPS for $50. Note: The district covers the cost for SBDM parents.
- Photo ID such as driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued ID.
- Social Security card (not photocopy, not laminated).
You may also obtain the reports from other locations and submit them to our Human Resource Office at the address above.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/contractors
Call the FCPS Application Center at (859) 381-4190 or email email@example.com.
Other fingerprint locations in Fayette County:
- Sheriff's Office, 150 N. Limestone, (859) 252-1771
- Police Department, 150 E. Main St., (859) 258-3600
- Kentucky Horse Park / mounted police, 4089 Ironworks Pike, (859) 259-4250
- Lexington-Fayette Animal Care & Control, 1600 Old Frankfort Pike, (859) 255-9033
Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) central registry check, Form DPP-156 (Hit 'Control F' and type '156' to search.)