Healthy Kids Clinics
Located inside nine FCPS schools are Healthy Kids Clinics, which are managed by HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. and partially funded by the federal Health Resources and Services Administration. These clinics are like a regular doctor's office and can handle some services without parents/guardians having to leave work, such as ADHD services, acute/sick visits, mental health counseling, and dental treatment.
Any student within the FCPS system can be seen in the Healthy Kids Clinics as long as a completed and signed consent packet is on file. Families may fill out the paperwork at home before a scheduled visit or at the clinic. The elementary clinics operate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays when school is in session, and the LTMS (middle school) site is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.*
COVID-19 impact: The clinics at Arlington, Booker T. Washington, and Mary Todd elementaries are closed to in-person visits as long as the school buildings are closed during NTI/2DL.
Other items to bring:
- Insurance card (The clinics accept Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances.)
- Copy of the student's most current immunization record.
To help students meet Kentucky's school health requirements, the Healthy Kids Clinics accept appointments for the following services:
- School physical exams (preschool, kindergarten, and sixth-grade)
- School sports physical exams
- Required immunizations (preschool, kindergarten, sixth-grade, and age 16)
* Students who use school-based clinics for primary care are welcome anytime at the HealthFirst clinics at 1640 Bryan Station Rd. and 496 Southland Drive.
Some students might qualify for the Kentucky Children's Health Insurance Program (KCHIP), based on family income.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/clinics
Call for an appointment
To speak to a nurse or care provider after hours, call (859) 288-2425.
- Arlington Elementary,
122 Arceme Ave.,
381-3750 - closed during NTI
- Booker T. Washington Elementary,
707 Howard St.,
381-4993 - closed during NTI
- Breckinridge Elementary,
2101 St. Mathilda Drive,
- Cardinal Valley Elementary,
218 Mandalay Road,
- Harrison Elementary,
161 Bruce St.,
- Mary Todd Elementary,
551 Parkside Drive,
381-3012 - closed during NTI
- Tates Creek Elementary,
1113 Centre Parkway,
- William Wells Brown Elementary,
555 E. Fifth St.,
- Lexington Traditional Magnet School,
350 N. Limestone,
- Arlington Elementary,