School Counseling Office
Students and families can contact counselors by calling or emailing or in person by coming to the Counseling Office. Each counselor has students in grades 9-12 divided alphabetically. Find your counselor below or in the Counselor/Student Assignments tab.
Juniors - Youth Salute Applications are Here!
The purpose of the program is to honor high school juniors in our community who maintain a high scholastic average and have demonstrated leadership ability. In order to be eligible for this recognition, a student must:
1. Be a high school junior (Class of 2021).
2. Have at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA through the fall semester of their sophomore year. Any student who attains a 3.0 GPA by the end of the fall semester of their junior year may submit a late application by January 10, 2020
3. Have held or currently hold TWO leadership roles in which they were chosen by their peers or an adult leader within the past two years in school, religious or community sponsored organizations.
Applications/information is available in the Counseling Office and is due back to Ms. Timoney by Thursday, September 26. The bulk of the application is online this year, but there is a signature page that needs to be turned in to the Counseling Office centralky.youthsalute.com/apply
COLLEGE AND CAREER
Scholarships and Opportunities
Information about Scholarships and Opportunities (tutoring, jobs, summer programs) comes into the Counseling Office on a daily basis. Please click on the Scholarships & Opportunities link on the left for more info.
3 main steps to apply for scholarships:
1. Apply for scholarships on individual college & department websites.
2. Search HC Counseling Office Scholarships & Announcements.
3. Use online scholarship search engines. Click here for examples.
Sign up at the link below to meet with College Representatives when they come to Henry Clay. There is a list of colleges once you click on the link. We will take college names down 24 hours in advance of the meeting in order to have time to prepare for the visit. Please limit your sign-ups to 5-6 colleges. If you need more, see your counselor.
If you are planning a trip to visit a college and will miss a day or more of school, you will need to fill out a College Visit Request Form. Please click the link below to get to that form. There are also hard copies in the Counseling Office.
College 101 Night
On Tuesday, October 16, 2019 counselors held a College 101 Information Night for Junior and Senior Parents. Click below for the presentation.
SCHEDULING AND GRADES
Program of Studies
Click the icon below for the Henry Clay Program of Studies, which contains information about graduation requirements, scheduling, course offerings, and more.
Progress Report and Report Card Dates
Progress Reports are given to students and are for the purpose of showing the student's progress at that point, while Report Cards are mailed home and contain final grades that will be posted to transcripts.
- 1st semester Progress Report dates: September 24, November 6
- 1st semester Report Card mailed home: January 10
- 2nd semester Progress Report dates: February 19, March 27
- 2nd semester Report Card mailed home: June 1
Checking Grades and Attendance
Parents can check students' grades and attendance using Infinite Campus. If you would like a login to Infinite Campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and give them the following information along with the statement below:
- Parent Name
- Student name
- Student’s School name
- Student’s Date of Birth
- “Please give me the user name and password to log on to IC to view my student’s grades and attendance.”