Congratulations to both our Girls and Boys Basketball teams for their victories Wednesday night! The Girls defeated LCA 63-38, and the Boys defeated Lafayette 69-51.
Both teams advance to their 43rd District Tournament Championship Games Friday Night (here at PLD).
- PLD Girls vs Catholic at 6:00 pm
- PLD Boys vs LCA. at 8:00 pm
Both teams will represent the 43rd District in next week’s 11th Region Basketball Tournaments (TBA).
Swim and Dive State Championships
Good Luck to the PLD Swim and Dive Teams as they compete in the State Championships Feb 21-23 at the University of Louisville.
Dunbar Cheer JV
Congratulations to Dunbar Cheer JV for placing 8th in the Nation for 2 1/2 min routine, 5th in the Nation in Gameday and 2nd in Worlds!!!
All State Orchestra
Nineteen PLD orchestra members represented at All State! Jina Park has been placed Concert Master- meaning she placed the highest of all the Violins in the State. She played a HUGE solo part in Rimsky-Korsakov’s Scheherazade on Saturday in the Kentucky Center in Louisville. Jeffrey Shen was chosen as Principal violist for the third year in a row as well. Great job, Bulldogs!
PLD Swim and Dive
Congratulations to the Swim and Dive Team for winning the Combined Regional Championship!
- The Girls finished as Champions
- The Boys Finished as Runner-up
AP Exam Information
For the 2019 AP exams, students at Paul Laurence Dunbar HS will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access. This year each AP exam costs $98.00.
Online Exam registration will begin on Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 12:00 AM and end on Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM. In order to register, students should visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/181440 to register .To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 12:00 AM - Registration Begins
- Fri, March 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM - Registration Ends
- Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 12:01 AM - Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:59 PM Registrations and payments will incur a $25 late fee per registration.
- Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 3:00 PM - Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $55 late fee per registration.
- Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 11:59 PM - Registrations that have not been paid for will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
- Fri, Mar 15, 2019 - Last day to cancel an exam and receive a full refund.
- Fri, May 3, 2019 - Last day to cancel an exam with a cancellation fee of $25.00.
Please contact Ms. Melanie Burch, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
Youth Services Center
We are happy to announce that our Youth Services Center is open and ready to serve our students and families! The purpose of the Center is to address and remove non-academic barriers to student success. Services include:
- Referrals for physical and mental health services
- Food and clothing banks
- Family crisis intervention
- Career exploration and development
- Employment services for students and parents/guardians
This semester, the Center will continue to provide families with weekend food assistance through the PLD Weekend Food Backpack Program. If you would like your child/family to receive a weekend food backpack, please complete the form located HERE. Return it to Shakira Mason, room 803 or send it via email to Shakira.Goldsmithmason@fayette.kyschools.us.
Also attached is a referral form that can be returned to the school if other services are needed.
We look forward to working with you to make sure our students can reach their full potential. For more information about Family Resource and Youth Service Centers, please visit https://www.fcps.net/Page/5439.
3:30 PM - 11:59 PM Science National Honor Society Meeting