Credits for Promotion
- To Become a Sophomore: 6 Credits
- To Become a Junior: 12 Credits
- To Become a Senior: 18 Credits
- To Graduate : 26 Credits
Grade promotion is based on earning credits.
Scholars earn credits by passing classes with a 60% grade or higher.
Each class is worth 1/2 credit per semester. (1/2 credit x 8 classes = 4 credits per semester) Scholars have the opportunity to earn 8 credits each year since they can take 8 classes per year. (4 credits 1st semester + 4 credits 2nd semester = 8 credits)
Skills Needed for Promotion
- Participate in class
- Listen and take notes
- Use a Planner or Agenda to help organize test and project due dates
- Look over Notes to study for Tests and Quizzes
- Ask Questions
- Complete assignments
- Turn in assignments on time - teachers don't like late work!
R·O·Y·A·L·S Raising Our Young Men to Achieve & Leading them to Succeed