The first day of school will be
Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
Doors open at 7:55am.
Car riders will need to be dropped off and picked up in the back of the building.
The school day is from 8:25am-3:15pm.
We can't wait to start another great school year!
Kindergarten Screening will take place Thursday, August 9th, from 9:30am-11:30am. During this time, your child will be briefly screened and you will have an oppotunity to fill out paperwork for the upcoming school year.
*If you are the parent of a Kindergartener and have a child in another grade, feel free to come anytime between 12:30-6:00. This way you will get to meet both teachers.
We are excited to meet your new Kindergartener!
Join us for orientation,
Thursday , August 9th
Feel free to stop by anytime to meet your child's teacher, fill out important paperwork and ask any questions you may have about the upcoming school year.
We can't wait to see you there!
Saturday, August 4th
9:00am- 12:30 pm
Green Acres Park
The YMCA of Central Kentucky, along with Fayette County Public Schools and 16 neighborhoods, hosts the annual Lexington Neighborhood Back to School Rallies, where students of all ages receive free backpacks and school supplies. The goal is to prepare children for school and to unify our neighborhoods for even greater self-advocacy and community planning.
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. – Registration and fun activities (bingo, inflatables, guest speakers, games, crafts, etc.)
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. – Free food and resource tables
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Distribution of backpacks and school supplies
Appropriate clothing attire has been shown to have a high relationship to appropriate behavior. Students and parents must accept responsibility concerning this matter. The intent of the dress code policy is to make sure students are focused on academics and behavior.
Allowable Clothing Items:
- Collared shirt, school designed shirts/ sweatshirts
- V-neck, crew neck, cardigan sweaters, sweatshirts, or sweater vests may be worn OVER A COLLARED SHIRT
- Shorts, pants, jumpers, skorts, or skirts must be SOLID color
- Jeans without holes
- Close-toed shoes
- Hoodies- hood must be down when in the building
Non- allowable Clothing Items:
- Mid-driff shirts
- Visible undergarments
- Spaghetti straps
- Sleeveless shirts
- Open- toed shoes
- High heeled shoes
- Articles with inappropriate language, messages, pictures, etc.
- Sweatpants, athletic pants
- Leggings ARE NOT to be worn as pants
*School administration reserves the right to determine if an article of clothing is appropriate and fits within the parameters of the Dress Code Policy.
*School-wide or class-wide events may dictate students to wear other clothing (i.e. Spirit Week, Book Character Day, PJ Day, etc.)
*Should a student violate the Dress Code in any way, parents will be notified. Repeated violations of the Dress Code may result in student consequences.