Dress Code intent
Northern's Dress Code aims is to make sure students are focused on academics and behavior. Students and families must accept responsibility for appropriate clothing, which has been shown to have a high relationship to appropriate behavior.
- Collared shirt, school designed shirts/sweatshirts
- V-neck, crew neck, cardigan sweaters, sweatshirts, or sweater vests over a collared shirt
- Shorts, pants, jumpers, skorts, or skirts in solid colors
- Jeans without holes
- Close-toed shoes
- Hoodies -- Hood must be down when in the building.
Note: Students may wear other clothing for certain schoolwide or classwide events such as Spirit Week, Book Character Day, PJ Day, etc.
- Mid-driff shirts
- Visible undergarments
- Spaghetti straps
- Sleeveless shirts
- Open-toed shoes
- High-heeled shoes
- Articles with inappropriate language, messages, pictures, etc.
- Sweatpants and athletic pants
- Leggings: not to be worn as pants
The school's administration reserves the right to determine if an article of clothing is appropriate and fits within the parameters of Northern's Dress Code. If a student violates the Dress Code, their family will be notified. Repeated violations might result in student consequences.
3:45 PM SBDM Meeting
December 23, 2019
December 24, 2019
December 25, 2019
December 26, 2019
December 27, 2019
December 30, 2019
December 31, 2019