Congratulations to these 8th graders for earning a 4.0 GPA, All 3 Years. You should be very proud of this accomplishment!
Theodore "Teddy" Martin
Ava Grace Melloan
Allan Jude Richardson
Jaslin Santos Lopez
Joseph A. West III
Morton End-of-Year Procedures May 2020
Hope this message finds you healthy and safe! We know you’ve been waiting for information on materials return ( textbooks, library books, instruments, Chromebooks, etc.) and retrieval of belongings in lockers. Good news! After receiving FCPS COVID-19 Emergency Guidelines for End-of-School Procedures on Friday evening, our next step was to submit a formal plan to our Chief and FCPS Office of Risk Management to review and approve via health department guidelines…and wait for a green light from them before proceeding. We submitted our plan yesterday morning and it was approved late this afternoon. Yay!!!
Our plan is attached: MMS End of Year Procedures May 2020
Below is an excerpt from the plan that may be of extra interest.
Material Check In-Out Process:
- Students will return materials (textbooks, library books, instruments, Chromebooks – if they so choose) and pick-up locker contents, if applicable, per the designated drive-thru schedule below according to alpha and grade level.
- Friday, May 22 – 8th graders
- Tuesday, May 26 - 7th graders
- Wednesday, May 27 - 6th graders
- Thursday & Friday, May 28 and 29 – Make-Up days by appointment
Students with last names beginning…
A, B, C
D, E, F
G, H, I, J
K, L, M
N, O, P
Q, R, S
T, U, V
W, X, Y, Z
- If a family has children at different grade levels, they can let us know in advance and complete the material check in-out process on the same day.
- School personnel will be at well-marked stations around the Providence Side parking lot to accept returns in boxes/tubs or on carts as well as to deliver locker contents to cars.
- Although Chromebooks are not required to be returned unless students are leaving the district, we will give students/families the opportunity to return them.
Morton Middle School 2019-20 yearbooks
Morton Middle School 2019-2020 yearbooks have been ordered and are printing. Due to COVID-19, they are delayed until mid-June. Stay tuned for more information about pick-up procedures!
Important Message about Morton Middle Building Access
Beginning April 20, 2020, Morton Middle's safety vestibule will be under construction. We will be using the Providence side door as our main entrance. For the health and safety of our Morton families, we will not be in the building. However, we will do our best to meet your needs.
Please call 859-381-3533 if you need assistance.
Stay safe and healthy!
5th Grade Orientation Night
5th Grade Orientation Night, originally set for Tuesday, April 21, has been postponed temporarily. We are looking forward to meeting our new 6th graders but will have to wait just a little longer. Please pay attention to our website for the latest information regarding orientation for these students. As of now, there has been no announced date for rescheduling. Stay home, stay safe, save lives.
Technology Help Desk for Families
The technology department is setting up a temporary call in helpdesk for families. Parents who need technical support with their child's FCPS account or Chromebook can call our temporary Student Tech Support number, 381-4410. Support is available Monday - Friday from 8AM to 5PM beginning March 23rd. Support will not be available during Spring Break.