November 28, 2018
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Internet and Phone Safety - BSMS
November 29, 2018
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Evening with the Principals
November 30, 2018
8:15 AM - 9:00 AM Monthly Awards Assembly
December 20, 2018
December 21, 2018
December 24, 2018
December 25, 2018
Evening with the Principals
On Thursday, November 29 we will host Evening with the Principals. The event is an evening version of our Breakfast with the Principals. This reoccurring meeting targets specific topics for discussion as related to the overall vision and focus of the school. The event will start at 6:00 pm in the cafeteria and will conclude at 7:00 pm. Light snacks will be provided by the PTA.
This month’s agenda will cover the following topics:
- Extracurricular Survey Results & Plans
- School Improvement Update
- Live School
- Instructional Supports
Thank you for supporting your child’s participation in special dress days last week to coincide with KY SAFE Schools Week. The Kentucky Center for School Safety has compiled some parent resources to enable parents to have meaningful conversation with their children regarding school and internet safety. Please find below a link to the resources: https://www.kycss.org/ssw.php#students-parents
Internet Safety Night - BSMS
Please join us & encourage your parents to attend this important meeting on Wednesday, November 28th at 6 pm at Bryan Station Middle School Media Center.
Detective Young of the Lexington Police Department, Internet Crimes Division, will be our special guest.
Come to learn ways to protect your children from online predators and internet crimes.
We are offering this event to everyone within our feeder pattern.
Cookies and drinks will be provided.
Please contact us for questions.
Morning Drop-Off Safety
Safety is the priority as we look at all of our procedures. We want everyone to have a safe arrival to school. Please find below important tips that are intended to keep you and your child safe during the morning drop-off. Thank you for helping us to have a safe year!
- The building doors open at 7:15 a.m. daily and staff will be present to welcome your child to the building.
- When dropping off your child in the car lane please pull up as far as possible. Staff will assist your child in exiting the vehicle.
- For your safety, please observe the no U-turn sign at the drop-off lane.
- Please be mindful if you park across the street and walk your child to the building that you do not inadvertently block a driveway or other vehicle.
- Please only use the designated crosswalk to cross the street. The crossing guard is here to assist to make sure that children and families safely navigate the traffic.
- Announcements start at 7:40 this year and classroom instruction officially begins at 7:45. Any student arriving after this time will need to be signed in at the office by an adult.
Maxwell has a new app that is designed to provide families with a single landing point for information for the school. The app may be obtained by searching for Maxwell Elementary on your phone’s app store. Be sure to look for the app that contains our school’s logo.
Once you download the app you will be able to set your preferences and receive updates as they become available. The home page contains links to social media, Seesaw, and other helpful information. We will continue to develop the app over the year so that it becomes a viable communication tool that you will be able to rely upon for current information!