October 24, 2018
October 26, 2018
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Monthly Awards Ceremony
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Breakfast with the Principals
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM La Noche Latina
November 6, 2018
November 21, 2018
November 22, 2018
November 23, 2018
La Noche Latina
Please save the date for Friday, October 26, 2018 at 6:00 pm. Maxwell is pleased to once again invite families to participate in the annual La Noche Latina. Students will have the opportunity to engage in learning stations and will perform an all school dance. This year projects from the PTA Reflections art contest will be on display. More details will be shared next week. We look forward to seeing you then!
Maxwell Family Feedback
As we move forward with our continuous improvement process, we are seeking to gain important feedback from student, staff, and family stakeholders. Please find below a link to a survey that is designed to capture the perspective of families. Please take some time to complete the electronic survey. Your feedback matters as we continuously seek opportunities to improve and grow as a school community. Thank you in advance for participating in the survey.
Desfile de Naciones 2018
This past month we celebrated el Desfile de Naciones or Parade of Nations. Many of our students represented the country of thier heritage and the entire school learned about different places around the globe. Be sure to watch the video!
Parent Technology Survey
Take 5 minutes to help your child's school make technology decisions. This is an anonymous survey regarding your technology use. It will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. Your answers are very important! They will help your child's school choose the right technology for their classrooms. There are no right or wrong answers. Everyone will have a different set of answers to these questions, depending on his/her different experiences. Thank you for your time and ideas!
Morning Drop-Off Safety
Safety is the priority as we look at all of our procedures. We want everyone to have a safe arrival to school. Please find below important tips that are intended to keep you and your child safe during the morning drop-off. Thank you for helping us to have a safe year!
- The building doors open at 7:15 a.m. daily and staff will be present to welcome your child to the building.
- When dropping off your child in the car lane please pull up as far as possible. Staff will assist your child in exiting the vehicle.
- For your safety, please observe the no U-turn sign at the drop-off lane.
- Please be mindful if you park across the street and walk your child to the building that you do not inadvertently block a driveway or other vehicle.
- Please only use the designated crosswalk to cross the street. The crossing guard is here to assist to make sure that children and families safely navigate the traffic.
- Announcements start at 7:40 this year and classroom instruction officially begins at 7:45. Any student arriving after this time will need to be signed in at the office by an adult.
Maxwell has a new app that is designed to provide families with a single landing point for information for the school. The app may be obtained by searching for Maxwell Elementary on your phone’s app store. Be sure to look for the app that contains our school’s logo.
Once you download the app you will be able to set your preferences and receive updates as they become available. The home page contains links to social media, Seesaw, and other helpful information. We will continue to develop the app over the year so that it becomes a viable communication tool that you will be able to rely upon for current information!