September 28, 2018
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Parade of Nations
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Breakfast with the Principal
October 4, 2018
October 5, 2018
October 24, 2018
November 6, 2018
Desfile de Naciones 2018
This month we will celebrate el Desfile de Naciones or Parade of Nations on September 28, 2018. Please see the link below for additional information regarding the options that are available for your child to participate in this special Maxwell event. All country selections need to be made by the end of the day of September 17.
Desayuno con los Directores
The Maxwell PTA will again partner with the Maxwell administration to present Desayuno con los Directores or Breakfast with the Principals. The event will take place on Friday, September 28 at 9:00 am in the school cafeteria.
The Reflections Art Contest is now open.
The Reflections Art Contest is under way! This year's theme is Heroes Around Me. A packet went home with students. Inside are details on the contest and an entry form. ALL students are invited to participate. There will be 4 workshops leading up to the entry deadline. These will take place after school until 3:45pm on 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, and 10/9. Materials and a space to create projects will be provided free of charge! Please email email@example.com if your child would like to join one or more workshops. (Parents do not have to attend the workshops - volunteers will be on hand to watch the students.)
Deadline for entries is October 12th!
FCPS Magnet/Special Programs Application
Online application | The 2018 window is Aug. 15 to Oct. 8 for the 2019-20 school year. Please note that the system is not a first-come, first-served system. Applications may be submitted anytime during the window, and all receive equal consideration. Please note that families will need to complete an application for any children who they would like to enroll in the program for Kindergarten. You must have an application on file for your child to be considered for the lottery.
Morning Drop-Off Safety
Safety is the priority as we look at all of our procedures. We want everyone to have a safe arrival to school. Please find below important tips that are intended to keep you and your child safe during the morning drop-off. Thank you for helping us to have a safe year!
- The building doors open at 7:15 a.m. daily and staff will be present to welcome your child to the building.
- When dropping off your child in the car lane please pull up as far as possible. Staff will assist your child in exiting the vehicle.
- For your safety, please observe the no U-turn sign at the drop-off lane.
- Please be mindful if you park across the street and walk your child to the building that you do not inadvertently block a driveway or other vehicle.
- Please only use the designated crosswalk to cross the street. The crossing guard is here to assist to make sure that children and families safely navigate the traffic.
- Announcements start at 7:40 this year and classroom instruction officially begins at 7:45. Any student arriving after this time will need to be signed in at the office by an adult.
Maxwell has a new app that is designed to provide families with a single landing point for information for the school. The app may be obtained by searching for Maxwell Elementary on your phone’s app store. Be sure to look for the app that contains our school’s logo.
Once you download the app you will be able to set your preferences and receive updates as they become available. The home page contains links to social media, Seesaw, and other helpful information. We will continue to develop the app over the year so that it becomes a viable communication tool that you will be able to rely upon for current information!