SCAPA utilizes an anonymous scoring process:
- Each child will be given a unique audition number known only to the SCAPA Facilitator (Carla Pleasant).
- The audition committees will only know the grade level and audition number of the child during the entire audition process.
- ALL scoring rubrics will be submitted to the SCAPA Facilitator at the end of each day of auditions, with individual score sheets tallied and each judge signing their respective score sheets.
- The SCAPA Facilitator will validate and tabulate all scores for every child who auditions. A non-biased second tabulator may be added to verify final scores as being accurate.
- Once all scores are tabulated and entered into the audition spreadsheet, the SCAPA teachers will be informed as to the results (by name of child/by grade level).
SCAPA Auditions will be scored as follows:
- 60 points - Audition
- 25 points - Recommendation Received (we prefer to have at least 3, if possible)
- 15 points - Parent Questionnaire Received
- 100 points = Total Score
Please note that "potential" will no longer be a separate score as part of the total scoring process. Students will be evaluated on the demonstration of their ability in the arts area in which they are auditioning. Potential is inherent in the process and will no longer be scored separately.
Students will be rank-ordered based upon their Total Score.
SCAPA uses the following Scoring Guides to score the individual audition areas: