IMPORTANT FACTS TO REMEMBER ABOUT TCHS CLASSES:
- Each full year of a class offers one full credit for each student to earn.
- In the Fall Semester a 1/2 credit can be earned, and in the Spring Semester another 1/2 credit can be earned.
- Part A of a course is only offered in the Fall, and Part B is only offered in the Spring.
- Part A of a course is required before taking Part B in most courses because course content builds.
- Per State Math Standards, all students must be enrolled in a physical math class every year.
- Study Hall, Teachers Aide, Credit Recovery block do not offer credit or grades.
- All students must take an Academy Pathway Elective each year unless their pathway is already completed.
- You MUST be enrolled in at least 5 courses to receive KEES money for the year (Co-op; EBCE, Work study – can only count as 1 course)
- You MUST be enrolled and passing at least 6 courses to be eligible to play sports.
- The following are not recognized by NCAA for eligibility:Plato & Odysseyware courses, Eschool Courses, College Prep math, Dual credit math.
- When repeating a class for GPA increase, the repeated course must be the same exact class at the exact same LEVEL as the previous class.
- Credit can not be earned for the same class more than once, even if they are at different levels. Band, Choir, and Orchestra are exceptions.
- Pre-College Curriculum (PCC) – for many Universities includes: 2 yrs.of the same Foreign Language. Some colleges outside of KY require Chemistry and/or Physics. Algebra 2 is required for most colleges.
Important Dates to Know for Schedule Changes:
1st semester date 2022-23
- Last date to change schedule- Friday, 9/2
- Last date to drop a class without an F- Friday, 9/23
- Last date to change course level- Friday,10/14
2nd semester date- 2022-23
- Last date to change schedule- Wednesday,1/25
- Last date to drop a class without an F- Wednesday, 2/15
- Last date for a course level change - Wednesday, 3/8
ADD/DROP Schedule Changes Requests will NOT be considered for:
- Elective Preferences
- Teacher Preferences
- Failure to complete summer assignments/reading for IB courses
- Lunch Preferences (unless there is a documented medical reason )
FORMS AND APPLICATIONS FOR SCHEDULING:
Add/Drop Form to Request a Schedule Change
OFF CAMPUS PARENT FORM - SENIORS ONLY
Peer Tutoring Contract (requires teacher, parent, and principal approval)
Pre-IB & IB Student Contract and Intent Form/Application
Technical School Applications: Southside & Eastside Application and Locust Trace Application
Yearbook 1 and 2 Application - also requires teacher approval from Mrs. Suttles.
23-24 TCHS Course Description Directory - Class descriptions and useful info.
Odsseyware Login Instructions (for students in Credit Recovery or Digital Learning with Mr. Yates)
Odysseyware Course List- for Credit Recovery/Failed Courses
New Course Titles and Old Course Titles for CTE Classes- Name Changes for Career and Technical Courses and old class titles to reference
2010 New Math Standards for Kentucky:
Starting with the class of 2011-2012 every student must take a Math course every year. Students are required to complete at minimum Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2.
2022-2023 Scheduling Information By Grade level:
*Look at your upcoming grade level info not current grade level info.