Under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, we in FCPS address the problems that homeless students face in enrolling, attending, and succeeding in school, and we aim to ensure that each one has equal access to the same free, appropriate public education, including preschool, as other children and youth. Homeless students should receive the educational and other services they need to meet the same challenging academic standards to which all students are held. In addition, homeless students may not be separated from the mainstream school environment. Our objectives include:
- Identifying and enrolling homeless students;
- Encouraging regular attendance and continuity in school;
- Promoting academic achievement;
- Providing transportation to school; and
- Keeping open the lines of communication.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/homeless