How to apply
- Review the job listings.
- Select the link “Administrative Office of the Courts.” Follow the process to complete your AOC FASTCHECK criminal records check, which requires a $25 fee.
- Below the AOC link, click “View our open positions” and apply for substitute teacher.
- Once you receive your criminal background check results, forward them to the application center.
- Then email HR for a sub paperwork meeting. Please allow 24 to 48 hours.
- Once you receive the link via email, select a meeting that best fits your schedule.
- The rest of the sub process will be explained thoroughly during the paperwork meeting.
All substitutes are required to undergo a child abuse and neglect (CAN) check through the state's Cabinet for Health and Family Services. This central registry report must be completed before you may work as a substitute for Fayette County Public Schools. You must choose one of these two options to complete this task:
Complete the form (CAN form DPP-156; hit 'Control F' and type '156' to search) and send a check for $10 and a copy of your driver’s license to the address listed. Once you have received the report, please bring your results to Human Resources at 128 Walton Ave., Lexington KY 40502. OR Come to Human Resources with your driver’s license and check or money order for $10 made payable to FCPS to complete the form in person.
For questions, email the HR staff or call (859) 281-6715.
ResourcesSafety training videos (user name: six-digit employee number)Payroll Office (under the Staff channel, so you must sign in on the website for access)
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/subs
Additional forms and resources are posted under the Staff Channel.
Absence Management placement service
Karissa Austin, substitute placement specialist
- (859) 381-4321
Chad McCann, substitute placement specialist
- (859) 381-4324
Tanea Jackson, administrative assistant
- (859) 381-4797