Welcome Back Walk-Through
On Wednesday, March 10, STEAM Academy is inviting all current STEAM students to participate in a brief walk-through of the new building. This walk-through will allow students to familiarize themselves with the building, locate advisory classrooms, understand the bus rider and car rider drop-off/pick-up locations and to understand the breakfast cafeteria process. In addition, we can help students understand the arrival process with the metal detectors. Registration is required through the link below:
- Only current STEAM Academy freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors who plan to return to in-person instruction are eligible to come to the school for the Welcome Back Walk-Through.
- Students may only sign up for 1 time slot through the link.
- Students may NOT walk-up for the tour on March 10 without a reservation. Registration is required through the link in order to comply with Covid Guidelines and to keep our tour groups with 10 people or less.
- There will not be a second day to tour the school. This is the only available date for the walk-through.
- The walk-through is not required. It is simply available to students so they can familiarize themselves with the layout of the new building and to understand what to expect on the first day we return to school.
- Do not bring anything with you to the walk-through.
- Parents/Guardians who drop off students for the tour will need to remain on campus while the student is participating in the 10-minute walk-through. Students should be dropped off in the back of the building a few minutes before their tour time begins. Drivers will return to the front of the building to pick up students after the walkthrough ends.
- Student drivers may park in the back of the building and enter/exit through the back doors.
- Students with questions can email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
There is not a scheduled to return to in-person instruction. This walk-through is in preparation for a future district announcement about a scheduled date of return.
Free and Reduced Benefits
No more paper applications to complete and return to the school office. You can submit an application for meal assistance or CEP’s EBF form online from the privacy of your home, or anywhere with an internet connection. For more information about our programs, visit: FCPS Food Services Link
Direct links available at FCPS Meal Application Link
STEAM Academy In-Person and Remote Learning Plan
Fayette County Public Schools and STEAM Academy are preparing to offer in-person instruction for students whose families choose to send their children back to campus and
remote instruction for families who choose to keep their children at home. While plans are being made with an eye toward January 2021, students will only return to campus if it is safe to do so.
In collaboration with families and employees, each school has developed a school-specific plan in consultation with its School-Based Decision Making Council, aligned to the state’s “Guidance on Safety Expectations and Best Practices for Kentucky Schools (K-12), (Appendix A) and Fayette County Public Schools procedures.
Spring 20-21 STEAM Academy Schedule
- In anticipation of in-person learning this will be the schedule that will be followed.
STEAM Academy 20-21 Spring Schedule Times
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
(During remote learning, students will only meet with their advisory on Wednesdays. Once we return to in-person learning advisory will meet everyday and follow the schedule below.)
*Dual credit courses meet regardless of STEAM schedule. Dual credit students will be notified of any changes)
7:45-8:30 Advisory 8:34-9:40 1st Hour 9:44-10:50 2nd Hour 10:54-12:24 3rd Hour Lunches
Lunch A: 11:10-11:30
Lunch B: 11:37-11:57
Lunch C: 12:04-12:24 (Virtual and Remote Lunch Time)
12:28-1:34 4th Hour 1:38-2:45 5th Hour
Dual Credit Courses
CLD 102 (DC): Monday, Wednesday, Friday 11AM-11:50AM
HIS 109 (DC): Tuesday, Thursday 10:30-11:45
PLS 103 (DC): Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10AM-10:50AM
WRD 111 Section 2 (DC): Everyday 9:44AM-10:50AM
WRD 111 Section 5 (DC): Everyday 1:38PM-2:45PM
Next Level at BCTC & UK
STEAM, which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics is the broad umbrella for how the curriculum in this Innovation Zone program is organized. Students tackle high school concepts at very high levels, all through the lens of authentic, problem-based learning. For more information or to schedule a tour, please call (859) 381-3033.
March 14, 2021
March 19, 2021
March 29, 2021
March 30, 2021
March 31, 2021
April 1, 2021
April 2, 2021
May 18, 2021
May 19, 2021
May 20, 2021
May 21, 2021
May 31, 2021