Employee Benefits & Services
Because all employees are valued for their essential role in the overall accomplishment of the school district's major goals and objectives, FCPS provides benefits for regular, full-time employees and their families. Below are the rates, resources, and phone numbers for supplemental vendors.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/benefits
State- and board-sponsored benefits
Health insurance coverage runs January through December. Open enrollment is in the fall for the following calendar year.
LifeHealth Online - free video visits for Anthem users
StayWell (new in 2020)
Planning to retire soon?
Voluntary / optional benefits
American Fidelity's plans run on the calendar year. Enrollment is in the fall.
- 2020 coverage and rates
- Questions: (859) 223-8030
Dental Care Plus
- Three choices: Dental PPO high plan || Dental PPO mid plan || Dental PPO low plan
- Questions: (800) 367-9466
Call American Fidelity at (859) 223-8030 for details on these options:
- Accident-only insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Critical illness coverage
- Disability income insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plans - 403(b), 457(b), Roth IRA, traditional IRA
- Overview and rates (LegalShield)
- Application and payroll authorization (LegalShield)
- Membership guide (LegalShield)
Retirement plans & investments
Byron Costner, associate director of Benefits/Payroll
Phone: (859) 381-4118
Fax: (859) 281-0108
Location: Room 110 at central office, 701 E. Main St.
Carol Coleman, financial analyst, (859) 381-4154
- For all administrators
- For employees with last names A-D
- Last names E-K
- Last names L-S
- Last names T-Z