Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
Students in grades 6-12 can identify their interests, choose a career, and select classes using an online tool called the Individual Learning Plan (ILP). It's designed to help students make connections between their courses and their career goals through such tools as an interest inventory, resume builder, and college entrance test preparation.
The ILP is a great starting point for important discussions about the future. Among the features:
- Finding careers that match students' skills and interests
- Creating education plans
- Creating and maintaining resumes
- Tracking community service, work experience and extra-curricular activities
- Exploring colleges and other opportunities through Career Cruising
- Planning finances for post-secondary education
Students get a username and password from their school's guidance counselor; parents also can log in.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/ilp