October 4, 2018
October 5, 2018
October 24, 2018
November 6, 2018
November 21, 2018
November 22, 2018
November 23, 2018
December 20, 2018
The 2018 window is Aug. 15 to Oct. 8 for the following school year. It's not a first-come, first-served system. Applications may be submitted anytime during the window, and all receive equal consideration.
Gift and Talented Screening and Auditions
Below is a link to the information provided to the students about gifted and talented screenings and auditions in the Visual and Performing Arts onto one website.
Link to Information
- 3rd grade field trip to LCT 11:15-1:15
- KPREP Scores will be released!
September 27 - 28
- No Preschool
- Thank you to our families and our PTA. Because of your support, the PTA raised more than $10,000 through the Sprout fundraiser. All of this money goes to support programs at Dixie for your children. The children also enjoyed all of the wellness activities offered by Sprout including: an obstacle course, Dance Blue, golf, and meditation to name a few. I am sure your children were as tired as I was after this fun-filled day yesterday! If your child collected donations, please be on the lookout for an email regarding when prizes will be awarded and the date of the pajama/hat day.
- Congratulations to our Students of the Month. These students were chosen for being polite. Students honored were: K- Jameson Williams, Krishya Cole, Gabriella Fields, and Maxwell Willoughby; 1st – David Reynolds, Nicole Endicott, King El Amin and Anna Mashaka; 2nd – Ruby Conkwright, Maxwell McLaughlin, Charlotte Pham and Bailey Wagner; 3rd- Noah Dawson, Angelie Sastre Peres, Emily Cervantes and ZaJeffreon Thompson; 4th Jacori Brooks, Logan Willhoite, Chloe Fortin and Zach Rainwater; 5th- J’Kobi Glass, Laquis Taylor and Mya Gilmore. We are proud of these students and will celebrate with lunch with the Principal.
- Please be sure to get your children to school on time. We are beginning to see tardies add up for some of our students. It is important that they are in the classroom by 7:45 at the latest. Thank you so much for your attention to this.
New Staff Spotlight
This week I would like to highlight the new Instructional Assistant in our 2nd grade classroom, Jennifer Williams. Jennifer lives in Georgetown with her husband Jeremy and 11 year old son Elijah. She has two dogs lightning and Preston. She worked as a kindergarten aide for six years before coming to Dixie. She is very excited to be a part of the Dixie team. Jennifer has already proven to be a positive and wonderful addition to our Dixie staff. Please welcome Jennifer when you see her.
Senator Thomas Visits Dixie Elementary
On February 12th, Senator Thomas met with the 5th grade class at Dixie Elementary. Upon entering he was greeted by four OMAC (Operation Making a Change) members and was escorted to the library where he spoke to the classes. During this time, he shared his personal educational journey, which included attending Bryan Station High School, Dartmouth College, and Harvard Law School. Students researched Senator Thomas’ life and were well prepared for the Q and A session that ensued. Senator Thomas encouraged Dixie students to take full advantage of their education and reminded them to not let obstacles stand in their way, sharing, “There’s no such thing as good luck. Luck equals preparation, plus opportunity.” Dixie students were also invited to the State House to be a Page in his office during this legislative session. His visit to Dixie concluded with a student lead tour of the building and him leaving the students two books, one about Kentucky facts, and the other The Legislative Process.
- There is an opportunity for free tutoring for your children at LTMS on Saturdays. Please see the flyer attached below for more information.
- There are also free dental clinics being held at UK. Please see the attached below for more information.
- As you know, the Design Thinking Committee has been working to revise the school’s Mission and Vision Statements. We have been getting student, staff, parent and community member input to develop a new mission and vision for the school. We still need parent and community members’ help and feedback! If you were not able to attend one of the information sessions, please feel free to contact Mr. Bailes if you would like to complete a survey at Mackenzie.email@example.com.
- We have several students who won a ride in a limo from parents who donated to the Wellness blood drive. Winners include: Evie Cox, Charlie Tracy, Maxwell McLaughlin, Brynleigh Howard, MacKenzie Davis and Dakota Christian. Congratulations to our winners.
- Please return your packets from the SchoolStore.
DIXIE MAGNET ELEM PTA 38509,
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
The Community Programs Staff