5:30 PM - 7:00 PM STEM/STEAM Night
December 20, 2017
December 21, 2017
December 22, 2017
December 25, 2017
December 26, 2017
December 27, 2017
December 28, 2017
December 5, 2017
SBDM Committee Meeting 3:00-4:00 No PTA Meeting this Month! Holiday Parade Downtown 7:00
December 6, 2017
December 7, 2017
Proficient/Distinguished Awards Celebration 5:30
December 8, 2017
K – Lexington Children’s Theater 9:30-11:30
December 9, 2017
Family University at Frederick Douglass High School 8:30-1:30
- Dixie is participating in the Real Men Read program. We have had many dads, grandfathers, and members of the community reading to our students once a month. This has been a wonderful opportunity for our students to make connections with men in our community, and receive a book to take home each month. I’ve included a photo of Officer Shawn Davis reading to Mrs. Jones’ 3rd grade class below.
- Recently, I celebrated with a pizza party for our Students of the Month who were chosen for exhibiting “Respect”. The students chosen included: Rylie Wilson, Elaine Bowman, David Reynolds, Parker Holifield, Taira Cowherd, Raegan Schweitzer, Silvia Ortiz Hernandez, Ryleigh Young, Daisy Martinez, Zoey Simpson, Ethan Linville, Chause Taulbee, Gabe Decker, Jordan Holman, Zeth Atha, Lilyana Fisher, Camden Candy, Anniah Fisher, Andy Bacilio Rivera, Emir Cruz Perez, Kaylee Stone, JC Hocker, Shiria Hicks, Aaleiyah Clowers and Gabriella Fields. I feel fortunate that I was able to have lunch with all of these respectful students. They were a delight!
- Thanks to all of our teachers who have had more than 6,220 contacts with parents and guardians in the first 9 weeks of school. This is up from 4,402 contacts during the same period last year! Contacts include: phone calls, e-mails, conferences, and personal contacts. Please be sure to reach out to your child’s teacher whenever you have questions or concerns. We love maintaining contact with our Dixie parents and guardians. It makes a difference in your child’s performance in school.
- Please be sure to send your children to school with sneakers or shoes without heels on the days that they have PE (physical education). This helps us to ensure your child’s safety in class. We appreciate your help with this.
- Four of Dixie's 5th grade students: Raine Allen, Quincy Marlow, Donovan Fullwood, and Dominique Lilly competed on Thursday, November 9th at the STLP (Student, Technology, Leadership, Program) Regional Competition. These students presented their project on Dixie T.V., our morning news show. The four students created a display board and wrote a speech describing the news show. They presented their project to judges and earned a score of 91 out of 100 points. They now advance to the State Competition in March. Congratulations to our talented 5th grade students!
- I hope you were able to attend our Winter Concert recently. Our students were so creative and talented! Band, orchestra, drumming, and glee club performed at the concert. We had great parent support at the concert as well. We certainly have some incredible musicians at Dixie. I included a photo of the students drumming at the end in a “Blue Man Group” like rendition. This was one of my favorite parts of the performance.
- We have placed our annual MITTEN TREE in the front office. This tree is for donations for mittens, hats, scarves and gloves. This is a way to keep our Dixie babies stay warm this winter. You may bring your donation to the front office or send it in with your child. Thank you so much for your help!
DIXIE MAGNET ELEM PTA 38509,
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
The Community Programs Staff