Mission, Vision and Magnet Survey
February 26, 2018
Read Across America – Book Fair –Crazy Sock Day….
February 27, 2018
Read Across America – Book Fair – Wear Red and Blue Multicultural Assembly 1:15 Multicultural Night 5:30-7:30
February 28, 2018
Read Across America – Book Fair –Mismatched Clothing
March 1, 2018
Muffins with Mom 7:00 Read Across America – Book Fair –Crazy Hat Day
March 2, 2018
Muffins with Mom 7:00 1st Grade Children’s Theater 11:15-1:20 Read Across America – Book Fair –Pajama Day
- Next week we will be celebrating Read Across America Week. We will also hold our Book Fair. Please help your children dress up based on our themes throughout the week. I’ve attached the flier to this newsletter for further information.
- We will be holding our Multicultural Night next Tuesday, February 27, 2018 from 5:30-7:30. Please see the flier below for further details. You are in for a treat. The students have created some amazing projects to go along with the evening events.
- We would love volunteers to help clean the booths we have purchased for the cafeteria. We need help daily between 8-10 and 12:30-2:30. If you are interested in helping, please contact Cheri Presley at 859-381-3116 or e-mail her at: email@example.com
- If you have not registered for kindergarten yet, but still need to do so, please contact our Registrar, Deborah Lancaster at 859-381-3116. She will help get you registered.
- We would like to make you aware of a change in immunizations requirements for the 2018-19 school year. Students will need proof of having at least 1 Hepatitis A shot prior to starting school in the fall. Hepatitis A is a series of 2 immunizations that can be given as early as 6 months apart.
Don’t forget to have you children here early enough to have breakfast. Also, be sure you are on time to school. We are arriving at a time in the school year when tardies begin to accumulate. It is important to get your child to school on-time, every day.
Senator Thomas Visits Dixie Elementary
On February 12th, Senator Thomas met with the 5th grade class at Dixie Elementary. Upon entering he was greeted by four OMAC (Operation Making a Change) members and was escorted to the library where he spoke to the classes. During this time, he shared his personal educational journey, which included attending Bryan Station High School, Dartmouth College, and Harvard Law School. Students researched Senator Thomas’ life and were well prepared for the Q and A session that ensued. Senator Thomas encouraged Dixie students to take full advantage of their education and reminded them to not let obstacles stand in their way, sharing, “There’s no such thing as good luck. Luck equals preparation, plus opportunity.” Dixie students were also invited to the State House to be a Page in his office during this legislative session. His visit to Dixie concluded with a student lead tour of the building and him leaving the students two books, one about Kentucky facts, and the other The Legislative Process.
- There is an opportunity for free tutoring for your children at LTMS on Saturdays. Please see the flyer attached below for more information.
- There are also free dental clinics being held at UK. Please see the attached below for more information.
- As you know, the Design Thinking Committee has been working to revise the school’s Mission and Vision Statements. We have been getting student, staff, parent and community member input to develop a new mission and vision for the school. We still need parent and community members’ help and feedback! If you were not able to attend one of the information sessions, please feel free to contact Mr. Bailes if you would like to complete a survey at Mackenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have several students who won a ride in a limo from parents who donated to the Wellness blood drive. Winners include: Evie Cox, Charlie Tracy, Maxwell McLaughlin, Brynleigh Howard, MacKenzie Davis and Dakota Christian. Congratulations to our winners.
- Please return your packets from the SchoolStore.
Strive 4 Success Youth Tutoring
Good morning everyone! Just a heads up that Believing In Forever Inc.'s Strive 4 Success Youth Tutoring Session resumes THIS Saturday, February 10th (and continuing every Saturday until the end of the semester) from 10 am -12 pm at LTMS on 350 N. Limestone!
FREE tutoring available for ALL FAYETTE COUNTY STUDENTS ages 5-18! We will provide FREE breakfast, school supplies (as needed), and tutoring for all school aged children! We will have tutors available to help your children with an academic challenges they may be having! It’s also a great quite space for studying!
Free Dental care for local children ages 4-12. Offered by UK College of Dentistry.
- January 20, 2018
- February 17, 2018
- March 17, 2018
- April 14, 2018
UK Dentistry at Turfland
2195 Harrodsburg Road,
Suite 195, Lexington
Free parking behind City Barbeque.
Dates and location subject to change.
Updates will be posted to
Patients are treated first come first served, so please arrive early.
DIXIE MAGNET ELEM PTA 38509,
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
The Community Programs Staff