4:00 PM - 6:30 PM FCPS Benefits Fair (for employees)
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM Fall Festival
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Red Ribbon- Wear Red
October 24, 2017
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Red Ribbon - Favorite Team
October 25, 2017
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Red Ribbon - Crazy Socks
October 26, 2017
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Red Ribbon - Hat Day
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Mission/Vision Parent Info Meeting
October 16, 2017
Boy Scouts Evening Parent Meeting 6:00
October 20, 2017
FALL FESTIVAL 5:30-8:00!
October 23- October 31, 2017
RED RIBBON WEEK!
- We will be working on a new mission and vision statement for Dixie and would love your help! Ms. Losch and Mr. Bailes are leading a Design Thinking Team to revise our school’s mission and vision. I have included information at the end of the newsletter if you are interested in helping out with this important work. Team members will include: teachers, staff, parents and students.
- IMPORTANT: Looking for male volunteers. Dixie needs your help! Dixie will begin implementing the Real Men Read We need approximately 24 men (fathers, grandfathers, uncles, community members, etc.) to commit one hour per month to read to our students! You will be provided with a book, and guide explaining what you will do in the classroom. Each of our students will receive the book that you read to the class. Please contact me ASAP if you are interested! I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-381-3116.
- I have been fortunate to shadow students in 1st grade and 4th What an amazing experience this has been! I’ve participated in their class lessons, specials, recess and lunch in the cafeteria. Your children are certainly learning a lot each day. I was able to participate, not only in a lot of learning, but also a fabulous music and art lesson. I also got my workout at recess playing tag, sliding and swinging with the kids. Your children are so fortunate to have such amazing teachers at Dixie. Be sure you thank them!
- The Parent Resource Center is now open at the FCPS Warehouse on Russell Cave Road. Stop by and check out the resources.
- Be watching for conference information from your child’s classroom teacher. The grading period ended and conferences are beginning!
- The first Friday of every month will be hat and spirit day. Your children are welcome to wear any variety of hat, and can wear Dixie or their favorite team spirit wear. We would love to see your children participate!
Information regarding Red Ribbon Week will be going home in your children’s backpacks.