School's History

  • In the fall of 1957, Meadowthorpe began holding classes in churches. In January 1958, the school moved into the present Leestown Middle School building. Three years later, the current Meadowthorpe building was constructed, and Leestown was converted to a junior high. Meadowthorpe, which was named for the subdivision of the school location, was reovated in 1988, and the latest makeover was completed in fall 2014.