School's History

  • Glendover Elementary is a Fayette County public school located at 710 Glendover Rd. in the Glendover subdivision. In September 1956, the South Limestone School was opened with temporary classrooms along South Limestone in Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Centenary Methodist Church, First Christian Church, and Porter Memorial Church.  In September 1957, the first wing of Glendover Elementary opened, followed by the second wing in January 1958.  In September 1958, 10 more classrooms were added to offset overcrowding. The building was renovated in 1985 and again in 1994. The latest renovations were completed in the summer of 2015.

    Source: Lexingtonhistory.org