Cassidy Elementary School was built in 1935 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA), on land, which once belonged to Kentucky statesman, Henry Clay. The school was named for M.A. Cassidy, who served as Superintendent of the Lexington City Schools and the Fayette County Schools from 1885 to 1928 and was among the most prominent educators in the state. Additions to the school were built in 1956 and again in 1987 and 2010.
Cassidy's Golden Deeds Book
Cassidy's Time Capsule was created in 2010 and will be opened in 2035. It is on display in the Cassidy library.