Ashland Elementary, built in 1916, was named for statesman Henry Clay's nearby home. The building was torn down in 1971, and a new building was completed on the same site in August 1972. A playground was constructed in the fall of 1993, and the school was renovated in 2000. The attractiveness of the school site enhances all aspects of the instructional programs. Ashland Elementary is a place where children thrive as individuals and feel successful.