Fayette County Public Schools is committed to student-athlete success and competitive excellence by creating an inclusive environment through developing and retaining quality people, providing a great fan experience, inspiring community engagement, and serving as a source of pride for Lexington. FCPS athletic directors shall implement all guidelines of the school board, SBDM Council, Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA), and federal laws to ensure fairness, safety, and equity for all students participating at any level of athletics in FCPS.
SPORTS PHYSICALS…PLEASE READ!
Families – Athletic policy requires each student to bring a new copy of his/her sports physical before the student is able to try out for that sport. Sports that require a sports physical prior to trying out are: boys basketball, girls basketball, cheerleading, football, track, cross-country, and volleyball. Sports physicals are no longer stored in the office, as it has become unmanageable with differing expiration dates and 200+ athletes.
- What happens to my child’s sports physical if he/she doesn’t make the team? The physical will be shredded in the office.
- What happens to my child’s sports physical if he/she does make the team? The coach will make three copies of your child’s sports physical. One will be given to our Athletic Trainer in the event it is needed. A second copy will be returned to the player. The other copy stays with the coach at all games/practices in the event it is needed.
- What happens to the copies of my child’s sports physical at the end of a season? The physical will be shredded in the office.
Get a FREE SPORTS PHYSICAL
Healthfirst Bluegrass has Healthy Kids Clinics located within eight elementary schools in Fayette County and offers free sports physicals! The clinics are open to ALL FCPS students and are housed in the following elementary schools:
- Arlington (859-381-3750)
- Booker T. Washington (859-381-4993)
- Breckinridge (859-381-4843)
- Cardinal Valley (859-381-3346)
- Harrison (859-381-4022)
- Mary Todd (859-381-3012)
- Tates Creek (859-381-3774)
- William Wells Brown (859-381-3172)
Call the clinic to schedule an appointment for a FREE sports physical!
Thanks for your understanding and help with this!