8th Grade Recognition Ceremony
- 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony will be held at 2:00pm on Friday, May 14. Due to Covid protocols and FCPS guidance, guests may not attend in-person. However, this will be live-streamed and recorded. The link to the live stream and recorded event will be posted on our website and emailed to 8th grade families. Photos will be taken of each student as they receive their certificate. Digital copies of your child’s photo will be provided upon request.
- All 8th grade students, whether in-person or remote, are invited to participate in the recognition ceremony. To properly plan for this ceremony, please complete the form below to let us know if they will be attending on May 14.
- In-person students will follow a regular schedule on May 14 until 1:30 pm.
- Remote students will need to be dropped off at the car rider area (non-football field side) between 1:15 pm and 1:30 pm. Guardians who drop off remote students will need to remain on campus (parking spots will be available) until the ceremony is over. The ceremony should last approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Administration is providing a balloon frame if families would like to take a picture outside with their student after the ceremony. School staff will begin lining families (in-person and remote) up for this photo opportunity at 2:15 pm. We will adhere to social distancing and masks will be worn while in line for the pictures.
- All 8th grade students may check out after the ceremony in the rear of the building (car rider side). Staff will be outside to check students out for the day.
- 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony Participation Form
- Participación en el formulario de ceremonia de reconocimiento de octavo grado
Summer Ignite - Registration Deadline Extended
During our Summer Ignite summer sessions, students will have the opportunity to recover credit in the four core content areas by completing assignments to show mastery of the standards. Students who need additional support to address skill deficits will work in smaller groups with a qualified staff member. Students will rotate through credit recovery and additional learning options (when needed) and enrichment opportunities throughout their day. Each day a physical activity component will be included. Our intent is to allow students the ability to move, communicate, participate in hands-on activities and have FUN.
Session 1: June 8 - June 25 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Session 2: July 6 - July 23 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Please complete the following information to register your student for Summer Ignite by Friday, May 14.
Please note: This is all in-person. There is not a virtual Summer Ignite option.
Crawford Cheer Tryouts
Anyone interested in cheer for the 2021 - 2022 school year, can tryout. Tryouts will be video submissions and interviews on Zoom. The dates for the video submissions and interviews will be between May 17 and May 20.
You must have a 2.0 GPA and submit a registration form by May 14 if you plan to tryout.
Crawford STEM Camp by the Youth Service Center
This camp is free for all participants. Drop off is at 8:30 AM. Dismissal begins at 1:00 PM each day. We ask for a timely pick-up for car riders, as walkers will be released at dismissal time.
Session 1: June 1-4
Session 2: June 7-10
Contact Mr. Booker to sign up for one or both sessions.
Phone: 859-381-3382 or Email
FCPS shares updates on meals pickup & P-EBT cards
As a reminder to FCPS families, all meals are free for all students whether in the cafeteria or via pickup if still in remote learning. This federal waiver is in effect for the rest of the 2020-21 school year.
Eligible families also receive help buying groceries through the federally funded Pandemic-EBT cards, which go out to qualified students.
May 14, 2021
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM 8th Grade Recognition Ceremony - Livestream only
May 18, 2021
May 31, 2021