Charting a Course for 2022-27
Delivering a world-class education requires us to put the needs of students above all else as we prepare to roll out a new strategic plan for Fayette County Public Schools. Through forums, interviews, surveys, community meetings, and focus groups over 15 months, we asked the community to share their vision for the future of our students and our school district. More than 18,000 students, employees, families, and community members lent their voices to this work.
We are especially grateful to PNC Vice President Yajaira Aich West, who served as a community facilitator for our work, and the members of the following three groups, who played critical roles in identifying priorities, objectives, strategies, and measures of success:
- a 32-member advisory group of key community partners in business, the faith community, and higher education;
- a 43-member working group of school leaders, teachers, district staff, families, PTA members, and civic leaders; and
- a 22-member student input group.
These groups developed an outline of thoughts, possibilities, and ideas. We have distilled all of this work into a draft strategic plan, which was shared with the Fayette County Board of Education on May 9. We have identified high-level strategies for specific actions and activities in these five priority areas:
- Student achievement
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Highly effective and culturally responsive workforce
- Stakeholder engagement and outreach
- Organizational health and efficiency
We received final feedback on the draft from more than 1,000 students, employees, families, and community members through an in-person listening session and an online form.
On May 23, the school board unanimously approved the general framework. This summer, we will add details such as photos, data, commentary, and charts; and our new five-year strategic plan will be ready for unveiling as we usher in the 2022-23 school year.
Archives: 2017-21 Strategic Plan
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/strategic or fcps.net/strategicplan22