21-22 Submission Dates
December 10th (Oct-Nov)
March 4th (Dec-Feb)
May 6th (Mar-Apr)
Two Ways to Earn
Green Culture - $40 each
1. Monthly Student Energy Patrol - Completed during Step 2 of SEE KY, schools that perform one patrol per month from October through March will be awarded up to $40 each submission period. Schools are asked to track and report the number of check-marks and x's in the Go Green + Earn Green survey at the end of each period. Leverage patrol data for $200 Power Pack Awareness Campaign!
2. Assigned Light Monitor/Energy Leader - Create a culture of turning off lights. Schools actively ensuring lights are turned off will be awarded up to $40 each two-month period.
3. Disseminating Break Shutdown Checklists - Schools who disseminate Fall, Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Break Checklists prior to each break will earn up to $40 each two-month period.
4. Active partnership with Live Green Lex or Bluegrass Greensource - Live Green Lexington: Danny Woolums, firstname.lastname@example.org Bluegrass Greensource: Pattie Stivender, Pattie@bggreensource.org
5. Participating in a Local, State, or National Environmental Education or Wellness Program - Participate in any state or nationally-recognized EE program that promotes environmental education or student and staff wellness (KGHS, KAEE, KY NEED, Lexus Eco Challenge, Alliance for a Healthier Generation, etc.) will earn up to $40 each two-month period.
Power Pack - $200
The power pack action items will require a little more effort to perform, but they will have a larger impact on the sustainable culture of a school, and hopefully a greater impact on the energy consumption of a school. Choose from one of the following options to get credit for $200 Go Green + Earn Green Power Pack. A unique Power Pack must be submitted each period (no repeats).
- Perform an Energy Awareness Campaign - Leverage student-collected data during SEE KY Step 2: Investigating Your School AND customized energy consumption data to launch an Energy Awareness Campaign (ie morning announcements, classroom presentations, PTA newsletters, signs). For customized energy consumption data, email Logan.Poteat@fayette.kyschools.us.
- Schedule a Sustainabililty Listening Session with the FCPS Sustainability Team - During a Listening Session, Tresine Logsdon and Logan Poteat will meet with your school's Sustainability Coordinator, Lead Custodian/Campus Foreman, and Principal/Associate Principal (building & grounds) to discuss sustainability and energy efforts at your school. Listening Sessions do not need to occur during the two-month period to receive the Go Green + Earn Green funds, only scheduled. *A Sustainability Listening Session is not an SEE KY lesson.
- Mini-fridge or Small Appliance Inventory and Consolidation - The average mini-fridge costs the district $80 per year, costing over $88,000 annually in energy. Consider performing a mini-fridge inventory during one of your Monthly Patrols. A school that can provide an estimate of the inventory of mini-fridges in their school, and consolidate one or more mini-fridges will earn up to $200 for this action item. Schools that already disallow mini-fridges in classrooms can report that they have no mini-fridges in their school and the district Energy Manager will spot check to verify.
- Sustainability or Wellness Improvement Project - Schools apply their earned Go Green + Earn Green funds towards a sustainability or wellness improvement project. Ideas for these projects in the past have included water-bottle refilling stations, Outdoor Classrooms, upcycling benches, exercise bands for classroom chairs, stability balls, vending misers, Energy Star mini-fridges to replace older inefficient mini-fridges, etc.