21-22 Submission Dates
December 10th (Oct-Nov)
March 4th (Dec-Feb)
May 6th (March-Apr)
Two Ways to Earn
Green Culture - $40 each
1. Monthly Student Energy Patrol - Completed during Step 2 of SEE KY, schools that perform one patrol per month will be awarded up to $40 each submission period. Leverage patrol data for $200 Power Pack Awareness Campaign!
2. Culture of Energy Efficiency - Create a culture of turning off lights. Schools actively ensuring lights are turned off will be awarded up to $40 each two-month period.
3. Disseminating Break Shutdown Checklists - Schools who disseminate Fall, Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Break Checklists prior to each break will earn up to $40 each two-month period. Interested in tracking your school's participation? Encourage faculty/staff to follow the link on the shutdown checklist.
4. Partnership with Live Green Lex or Bluegrass Greensource - Find your school's Environmental Educator by contacting:
Live Green Lexington: Danny Woolums, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bluegrass Greensource: Pattie Stivender, Pattie@bggreensource.org
5. Participation in any Environmental Education or Wellness Program - Participate in any program that promotes environmental education or student and staff wellness (Seedleaf, UK or other higher ed., KGHS, KAEE, KY NEED, Alliance for a Healthier Generation, etc.) will earn up to $40 each two-month period.
Power Pack - $200
The power pack action items will require a little more effort to perform, but they will have a larger impact on the sustainable culture of a school, and ideally a greater impact on the energy consumption of a school. Choose from one of the following options to get credit for $200 Go Green + Earn Green Power Pack. A unique Power Pack must be submitted each period (no repeats).
- Perform an Energy Awareness Campaign - Leverage student-collected data during GreenSTEM (SEE KY Step 2) for an Energy Awareness Campaign (ie morning announcements, classroom presentations, PTA newsletters, signs). If interested in your school's energy consumption data, email Logan.Poteat@fayette.kyschools.us.
- Schedule a Sustainability Listening Session with the FCPS Sustainability Team - During a Listening Session, Tresine Logsdon and Logan Poteat will meet with your school's Sustainability Coordinator, Lead Custodian/Campus Foreman, and Principal/Associate Principal (building & grounds) to discuss and support your school's sustainability and energy priorities. Listening Sessions do not need to occur during the two-month period to receive the Go Green + Earn Green funds, only scheduled. *A Sustainability Listening Session is not an SEE KY lesson.
- Sustainability Innovation - You know your school better than anyone. What do your students care about? How is your school community improving sustainability in innovative ways? Earn a $200 Power Pack by describing your innovative initiative here (i.e. appliance consolidation, No Idling, collecting lids, outdoor classrooms, water bottle refilling station).
- Recycling - Earn $200 Power Pack for resuming paper recycling in spring 2022.