Meal service for 2021-22
Free meals for all students per a USDA waiver
- Free meals per student per school day include one reimbursable breakfast and one reimbursable lunch. A la carte, extra items, and second meals are also available, to be paid via a meal account or upon purchase (unable to charge).
- Adult meals are available for breakfast at $2.50 and lunch at $4.50. A la carte and extra items can be paid via a meal account or upon purchase (unable to charge).
- Remote-learning students enrolled in the Virtual Learning Academy receive meals via curbside pickup at the six high schools (students only, no siblings). Extra items are not available.
- Meals are only provided on days that school is in session. There is no service on weekends, holidays, or snow days.
Meal assistance applications and Educational Benefit Forms
Student households are still required to fill out forms (based on income) to qualify for other benefits such as technology, fee waivers, field trips, school fees, P-EBT cards, etc.
- CEP students/households complete the Educational Benefit Form (EBF).
- Non-CEP students/households complete the Meal Assistance Application.
These forms and further instructions are available online. Note: Schools do not have paper copies.
Breakfast and lunch service resume normal operational status as prior to the pandemic. Breakfast is grab and go and/or serving line service, and lunch is via the cafeteria serving line. High schools also resume a la carte lines.
- Meals feature a variety of entrees, fruits, vegetables, and milk options. Menus and items are subject to change based on availability (shortages/discontinued products).
- Free potable water is available during meal service in the cafeteria.
- Students may eat in the cafeteria, classroom, or other designated areas. Meals are not delivered to classrooms.
- VLA students’ meal service is available via curbside, and extra items are not available for purchase.
- Preschool classes resume normal meal service as prior to the pandemic.