- All families who can transport their children home from school are strongly encouraged to do so to help reduce the number of students on each bus.
- Each school will develop dismissal routines to stagger dismissal times, determine hallway traffic patterns and designate specific exit doors to maximize social distancing and reduce the number of students in the same area at any given time.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided as students enter and exit the bus.
- All students K-12 and staff are required to wear a mask on the bus at all times, with the exception of those who have a medical or ARC-directed exemption. Detailed mask guidance and protocols are provided in Appendix B.
- Students who have a medical exemption for wearing a mask will be assigned seating at the front of the bus.
- Bus monitors will document student seat numbers on the bus manifest so that seating charts can be created if needed. Bus drivers will record student seat numbers as students exit the bus.
- Buses will be loaded from the back to the front, and unloaded from the front to the back.
- Buses will be sanitized between routes and at the end of the day.
- See “Safe on the Bus, Safe at the Garage” (Appendix G) for additional details and staff expectations.
- Bus riders will be picked up in the front loop
- Students will be escorted walk to the front entrance following social distancing once their bus arrives
- Staff will check off students on a manifest and then be assigned to monitor walkers leaving from front entrance
- Students cannot be sent home on the bus if they are sick
Dismissal Procedures Family Pick-up/Car Dismissal/Walker:
- Dismissal locations will be from the following areas:
- Car - side loop by swimming pool
- Bus - front bus loop
- Daycare - side loop located at the front of the building
- Walkers - Cafeteria doors
- We encourage all families who have walked their child in the past to pick your child up as a car rider to avoid the large group gathering that takes place with walkers.
- Dismissal procedures will begin earlier to stagger movement and spacing of students.
- Use silent dismissal with a google sheet that will be projected into the classroom
- Students will walk to their dismissal location following social distancing at their individual time of dismissal
- Families will be reminded that they must wear a mask and socially distance while picking up their students
- Families will be encouraged to use the car line instead of picking up walkers outside.
- Students will stay with their classroom teacher until their dismissal time
- If a student needs to leave school early his/her Family will come to the door and the office staff will meet the parent there to check parent identification
- Office staff will call the classroom to let the teacher know that a student is leaving
- Student will remain in classroom until an escort arrives to bring him/her to the office
- Families will sign students out as they exit the building via a form in the office