2021 Superintendent Search
The Fayette County Board of Education voted unanimously to appoint candidate Demetrus Liggins as the next superintendent for FCPS, effective July 26, 2021. Read the full announcement.
These were the five candidates. Review their experience and skills here: Christopher Bernier CV | Melvin Brown CV | Angela Dominguez CV | Tawana Grover CV | Demetrus Liggins CV | Or click the photo for a short bio of each contender.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/search
Who is the best fit?
Review the position profile
5 virtual forums
Meet & greet
Frequently Asked Questions
Relevant state laws
- KRS 160.350 - superintendent of schools appointment, term, vacancy, qualifications, removal, contract extension
- KRS 160.352 - screening committee, minority representation, recommendations for superintendent
Contact: For questions about the search process, please email HR Director Jennifer Dyar.
- June 23: Liggins signs his contract with FCPS
- June 17: Board approves the superintendent's contract with July 26 start date | June 17 video
- June 9 board chair's update on Liggins' transition to FCPS
Translations of chair's update: June 9 Spanish | June 9 Arabic | June 9 Swahili | June 9 Chinese | June 9 Japanese | June 9 French | June 9 Nepali
- June 4: Board appoints Demetrus Liggins as superintendent | June 4 video (jump to the 1:34 mark)
Translations of news release: June 4 Spanish | June 4 Arabic | June 4 Swahili | June 4 Chinese | June 4 Japanese | June 4 French | June 4 Nepali
- June 2, 3: School board interviews the five candidates at central office
- June 2: Candidates' meet-and-greet with the public at Frederick Douglass High School
- June 1 board chair's update on the meet-and-greet, CVs, city tour, and selection of finalist
Translations of chair's update: June 1 Spanish | June 1 Arabic | June 1 Chinese | June 1 Japanese | June 1 Nepali
See previous months' archives below
Jessica Hiler, chair
School board representative