- All families who can transport their children home from school are strongly encouraged to do so to help reduce the number of students on each bus.
- Each school will develop dismissal routines to stagger dismissal times, determine hallway traffic patterns and designate specific exit doors to maximize social distancing and reduce the number of students in the same area at any given time.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided as students enter and exit the bus.
- All students K-12 and staff are required to wear a mask on the bus at all times, with the exception of those who have a medical or ARC-directed exemption. Detailed mask guidance and protocols are provided in Appendix B.
- Students who have a medical exemption for wearing a mask will be assigned seating at the front of the bus.
- Bus monitors will document student seat numbers on the bus manifest so that seating charts can be created if needed. Bus drivers will record student seat numbers as students exit the bus.
- Buses will be loaded from the back to the front, and unloaded from the front to the back.
- Buses will be sanitized between routes and at the end of the day.
- See “Safe on the Bus, Safe at the Garage” (Appendix G) for additional details and staff expectations.
Walkers and Car Riders
- Walkers will be released at 4:05 PM, and will exit the building through the athletic entrance/exit.
- Car riders will be released after walkers have cleared the building, and will exit the building through the athletic entrance/exit.
- Staff members will be stationed outside to enforce social distancing and PPE.
- Bus riders will be dismissed at 4:10 PM exiting through the side doors at the front entrance.