*Registrations and Enrollments
*The Drivers School Compliance Form (No Pass/ NoDrive)
Teresa Ayers, Registrar
Registration & Enrollment
To register a high school (9th-12th grade) student, please review the requirements below and then begin registration online. A parent/guardian must complete the process online. To determine your child's school, which is based on home address, use the SchoolSite Locator tool.
- Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity (see below*)
- Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name, and a secondary document such as a current utility bill (water, gas, electric)
- Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam **
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate **
- Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable
- Proof of a Negative Tuburculouses (TB) skin test if coming from outside the United States
** You may register without these two documents, but your child may not attend school until they are on file with FCPS.
* A legal copy of the child's birth certificate or another official document proving the child's identity and date of birth is required for school registration. Among the acceptable alternatives:
- Adoption records;
- Valid passport or other federal government identification;
- Military identification or immigration card;
- Valid Kentucky driver's license or permit;
- Prior school records (other than FCPS) identifying student by name and date of birth; or
- Statement: "At this time, I am unable to provide the school with one of the acceptable forms of proof listed above. I understand that this constitutes written notice that Kentucky state law requires that I provide the certified birth certificate or one of the above-listed items to the school within 30 days of student enrollment."
You can get a birth-certificate application from the assigned school or from the Fayette County Health Department, 650 Newtown Pike; call (859) 252-2371.
Health documentation: Exams, immunizations, and forms
Once the Online Registration is complete, contact the Registrar to submit your documents.