The Craft and Gatton Academies are hosting two Virtual Opportunities for students and families to learn more about both programs! Both academies are dual-cedit residential programs for academically exceptional students who apply during their sophomore year in high school and, if accepted, attend during their junior and senior years of high school.
We will be hosting the events on Saturdays: October 3, and October 27 9 a.m. Central/10 a.m. Eastern time.
Each academy will present their slideshow presentation, and then we will open up for combined Q and A at the end.
We are so excited to be presenting to our potential Class of 2023, and hope to see you – virtually – at one of our upcoming sessions!
For more information on Craft Academy visit: www.moreheadstate.edu/craft-academy
To register for a Craft and Gatton Session, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/craft-and-gatton-academies-virtual-info-session-tickets-123233273037
Governor's Scholars Program (GSP)
The Governor's Scholars Program is a stimulating, five-week, residential summer program for outstanding Kentucky students completing their junior year in high school. To be eligible to apply and be selected as a Governor's Scholar a student must:
1) Be in the 11th grade at the time of selection and intend to return to a Kentucky school district for the next school term (Students skipping their senior year to enter college are not eligible).
2) Be a current resident of Kentucky;
3) Have taken the ACT, PSAT, or SAT in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grades.
Students interested in applying are highly encouraged to go to the Governor's Scholars website to review all of the application materials, video guides, helpful hints, camp dates, and scoring rubrics prior to beginning the application process.
Deadline to Apply for Bryan Station High School is December 1, 2020. No late applications will be accepted.
Students who intend to apply need to complete the linked survey so we know how many applications to expect.
Governor's School for the Arts (GSA)
The Governor's School for the Arts (GSA) changes the lives and trajectories of Kentucky's most passionate and creative youth.
This autumn high school sophomores and juniors are invited to apply for GSA's 2021 summer program: a tuition-free, life-changing experience that provides access to college scholarships, meaningful mentorships, and life-long friendships.
- Visit www.kentuckygsa.org to learn more about the program and review our applicant brochure.
- Register for GSA virtual info sessions - the first session is October 1st!
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Contact us anytime with questions/ideas at email@example.com.
Please email Mrs. Mayes at BSHS if you are interested in applying. You can reach her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual College Fairs!!
KYACAC is sponsoring a series of virtual college fairs this fall. You do NOT want to miss out!
List of Colleges attending -- scroll to the bottom for "Who's Attending".
- Tuesday, September 29th – 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Thursday, October 15th - 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 21st - 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday, November 13th - 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Saturday, November 14th – 11:00 AM -1:00 PM
- Monday, December 7th - 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Governor's School for Entrepreneurs
The Governor's School for Entrepreneurs (GSE) will begin accepting applications for summer 2021 on Monday, Nov. 16. GSE brings teens together from around the state of Kentucky, immerses them in a creative space, and arms them with the tools they need to unleash their entrepreneurial spirits. While all participants gain vital entrepreneurial skills through the program to use as they enter the workplace or continue into higher education, 11 new businesses have already been launched by young alumni of the GSE program. Others have filed for multiple patents and developed new ideas and relationships that sow the seeds for more business formation. In addition, as a direct result of their participation in GSE, entrepreneurs qualify for some $3 million in scholarship opportunities from Kentucky's universities and colleges.
GSE has scheduled seven virtual events on Hopin this fall for prospective applicants and their families to showcase the GSE experience and dive into the application process. The link to register is below, as well as the schedule for events.
Virtual Learning Events for GSE
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 5-6 p.m. ET
- Monday, Oct. 5 from 4-5 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 4-5 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, Nov. 10 from 4-5 p.m. ET
- Thursday, Nov. 19 from 4-5 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, Dec. 9 from 4-5 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, Dec. 16 from 4-5 p.m. ET
Latest Newsletter: https://www.smore.com/y5p9w-governor-s-school-for-entrepreneurs
This free, prestigious program will take place on Northern Kentucky University's campus in the summer of 2021. All current 9th, 10th, and 11th-grade students are welcome to apply. www.KentuckyGSE.com