Spring 2021 Return to Campus
Faced with the constantly changing status of the COVID-19 pandemic, Fayette County Public Schools refined its 2020-21 "Reenvisioning, Reimagining & Renewing" plan to give families two options: a “Flexible Model” that allows for a gradual return to in-person instruction when conditions are safe, and a Virtual Learning Academy that offers a separate curriculum of self-paced, online instruction. (Note: Schools continue to offer synchronous remote learning as an alternative to in-person instruction for families who choose that option for their children.)
Students returned to school campuses by grade level under a phased-in approach:
- Phase 1: Grades K-2 (Feb. 22)
- Phase 2: Grades 3-5 (March 3) and grades 6, 9, and 12 (March 8)
- Phase 3: Grades 7, 8, 10, and 11 (March 15)
- Phase 4: Preschool (March 15)
- Special academic programs (March 22)
Rapid COVID-19 testing -- In partnership with the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department, FCPS offers rapid testing to students and employees who exhibit common COVID-19 symptoms at school. The tests are administered by school nurses and other trained staff in the school first aid room only after gaining permission from a student's parent or guardian, in the presence of a family-designated adult. "This is about early detection so we can shut down the possibility of spread and keep our schools open," said FCPS Health Services Coordinator Debbie Boian.
Family Assurance of Student Health Agreement -- One of the most important things we can do to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19 is to stay home when we are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick. Please sign and return this form showing that you agree to certain conditions:
- Health Assurance form
- Translations: Health Assurance in Spanish | Health Assurance in Swahili | Health Assurance in Arabic | Health Assurance in Chinese | Health Assurance in Japanese | Health Assurance in French | Health Assurance in Nepali
Buses & bells -- Some start and dismissal times have changed to accommodate the necessary cleaning between bus routes, and schools are divided by tiers according to bus schedules.
- Adjusted school times (Details are subject to change; please confirm with your school.)
Sample: FCPS In-Person and Remote Learning Template -- Look for a customized plan on each school's website.