Library Media Center Resources
Welcome! I pray you are healthy and safe! You are welcome to email me with questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will have office hours 8:00-3:00 each day.
This is the perfect time to read some great books!!!
Please remember to post what you have read on our Book Tracker
BSMS Ebooks and Audio Books
- How to access BSMS ebooks
- How to access BSMS Audio Books
- How to access BSMS interactive ebooks - These books are mostly non-fiction titles full of activities and quizzes.
- Need more ebooks even in Spanish -- Join my Google Classroom page for details.
- Have questions on these resources? Post a it on my Google Classroom page.
Join my Google Classroom page. All BSMS students, faculty and staff are all invited to join my Google Classroom with class code yainhjy. We will share what we are reading, share recommended books with each other, play some games, and visit some cool virtual field trips. Lots of activities to keep you busy during this time.
The Lexington Public Library
Check out the Lexington Public Library for more digital ebooks, magazines, and databases available to you. This video will show you how to get started.
Teen Book Cloud
Teen Book Cloud -- Great for middle and high school! TeenBookCloud (TBC) is an online database of eBooks and educator resources. TBC offers over 1,000 titles in a variety of formats, including ebooks, Graphic Novels, classic literature, National Geographic videos, and audiobooks, and supports a wide range of reading interests and levels. Don't know the password? Password help can be obtained here.
Junior Library Guild Digital
Junior Library Guild Digital -- unlimited access to eBooks streamable to any device - Logon to my Google Classroom above to obtain the password.
Abdo Digital Bookshelf
Capstone Interactive eBooks
Capstone Interactive eBooks -- Logon to my Google Classroom above to obtain the password. Some great things on this site!!!
Sebco - 1400+ eBooks -- Logon to my Google Classroom above to obtain the password.
Sync Audio Books for Teens
Sync Audio Books for Teens (also includes all age levels) -- Free releases all summer long. SYNC is available through Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive.
Available on Apple Apps and Google Play stores.
Author/Illustrator/Publishers Presenting Live Events (posted by TheLivBits)
More author read-alouds
Resources/Research in Other Content Areas for Various Grade Levels
Kentucky Virtual Library (our FAVORITE go-to tool for all things informational; includes a variety of databases, full-text journals, newspapers and magazines, ACT/SAT practice tests, eBooks (all ages), and much more. If prompted for a password, select this link.
PBS LearningMedia producers and educators have come together to curate a special collection of resources organized by grade and subject area. Find videos, lesson plans, and activities that support learning at home. Create a free account to save and organize content.
KET’s Electronic Field Trips
- Our new Virtual Visitor page allows for one-stop-shopping for online history videos and podcasts, links to our social media, and gives access to live virtual tours of facilities.
- Our Educator Resource Hub has free downloadable educator packets that examine artifacts and photographs, direct access to our online databases for independent exploration, a link to our Pinterest page which thematic Kentucky-themed teaching resources that pair primary and secondary sources with discussion/writing prompts, and Torn Within and Threatened Without, an online Civil War graphic novel.
Some of the above will only be good through this summer. Vendors have kindly opened up their resources through this time due to the pandemic. We are grateful for their resources to help our students! Thank you!