KDE is Subsidizing AP Exams for 2022
On 10/18/21, the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) announced they will pay a significant amount toward AP exams for ALL public school students. This will lower the previously published costs for the 2022 AP exams. Students will pay less for exams and then receive an additional refund after taking the exam.
All students who register for an AP exam will pay $40 if they register on time. All previously announced late registration and cancellation fees remain in effect.
Updated Exam Fees:
$40 per exam in every subject if registered on time. Students who receive a free/reduced lunch waiver will not pay any up-front fees for on time registrations. Students registered for AP CSP and AP CSA exams will also not pay any up-front fees for on time registrations. However, late and cancellation fines will apply to all students as these fines are not subsidized by the state.
After the student who paid $40 for an exam takes the AP exam in May, a refund will be issued:
- AP Seminar -- $12 refund
- All other AP Classes -- $20 refund
For Students Already Registered
If you have already registered at the prior rate of $100, a $60 refund will be issued to your account within the next 7 business days.
AP Exam Registration 2021-2022
Bryan Station High School students taking 2022 AP Exams will register and make payments online. (Video link of Mr. Neely demonstrating how to register)
This registration will only take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with Internet access. Online exam registration will be open during the month of October. In order to register, students should click on the link provided on the school website or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/181417. We strongly recommend that parents and students both be present while registering and making payment to ensure that the correct exams are ordered and payment information is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
AP exams cost $100 per exam (AP Seminar is $150) $40 per exam, which includes a 4% processing fee. Payments can be made by credit card or check.
Payments will be made directly to Total Registration.
Overview of registration steps (be sure to complete tasks at Total Registration AND College Board):
- Go to link: www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/181417 (case sensitive).
- If you have registered for an AP exam in the past, please use the same email address.
- Complete all sections and questions on the registration form. We will be using your information entered to have answer sheets preprinted. DOUBLE CHECK FOR ACCURACY.
- Carefully check exams and teachers when you register. The exam schedule is on the back of this letter as well as the Bulletin for AP Students and Parents.
- We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
- Make payment online with Total Registration.
- Print registration and payment confirmation page for your records. Registration on Total Registration is complete when you can print a confirmation page.
- COLLEGE BOARD REQUIRED TASK: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
- Log into your College Board account. AP numbers are now “lifetime”; students who tested last year should login with your AP number from last year.
- In the “My AP” page, THIS YEAR all students who are enrolled in the course must select to take the exam. You need to do this FOR EACH COURSE.
NOTE: If you do NOT plan to take the exam, you need to notify your teacher BEFORE October 31, 2021.
Important Things to remember!
- Registration website: www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/181417 (case sensitive) link will be provided on the BSHS main website and at www.fcps.net/bshscounseling.
- October 1, 2021 -- Regular Registration begins.
- November 1, 2021 - $25 late fine per registration begins.
- November 12, 2021 -- Last day to cancel any exam for a full refund. After this date, fine of $40 per exam cancelled or ordered but not taken.
- November 13, 2021 -- Late Registration begins, registrations incur a $65 late fine per EXAM.
- March 11, 2022 -- Last day to order exams with late fines.
- April 30, 2022 - Last day to cancel an exam for partial refund. Fine of $40 per exam cancelled or ordered but not taken.
- Please contact Ms. Lorie Daugherty at email@example.com if you have questions or difficulty with the registration process.
- You may also contact Total Registration directly at 1-800-974-2187 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the Total Registration website.
- Students MUST register on BOTH College Board AND Total Registration. College Board is where your exam is ordered, Total Registration is where payments are processed.
Full Schedule of all AP Exams from College Board
(Complete College Board schedule, BSHS has students enrolled in the subjects listed in bold)
Morning 8 a.m. Local Time
Afternoon 12 noon Local Time
Monday, May 2, 2022
Japanese Language and Culture
United States Government & Politics
Spanish Literature and Culture
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Wednesday, May 4, 2022
English Literature and Composition
Comparative Government and Politics
Computer Science A
Thursday, May 5, 2022
Friday, May 6, 2022
United States History
Art and Design: Friday, May 6, 2022, is the last day for AP coordinators to submit digital AP 2-D Art and Design, 3-D Art and Design, and Drawing portfolios (by 8 p.m. ET) and to gather 2-D Art and Design and Drawing students for physical portfolio assembly. Teachers should forward completed digital Art and Design portfolios to coordinators before this date.
Morning 8 a.m. Local Time
Afternoon 12 noon Local Time
Monday, May 9, 2022
Computer Science Principles
Italian Language and Culture
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
English Language and Composition
Physics C: Mechanics
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Chinese Language and Culture
Spanish Language and Culture
Thursday, May 12, 2022
French Language and Culture
World History: Modern
Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Friday, May 13, 2022
German Language and Culture
Physics 2: Algebra Based
*Exams listed in bold are the exams for which we offer the course at BSHS during the 2021-2022 school year. Students who choose to take exams for which they have never sat in the class will be expected to have prepared. Note that taking the advanced or general class of the same title is not designed to prepare you for the AP exam.